VEHICLES > TRACTORS/MOWERS/HEAVY EQUIPMENT

Massey Ferguson tractor

(1/2) > >>

DeadNutz:
Since we don't have our tractor category anymore(YOU DO NOW ;) ) I will post it here as it is my vehicle of choice today.
It is a Massey Ferguson MF40B. I never would have been able to complete construction of the barn without it. I had to build up the area on the west side of the barn to provide yards for the horses. I had to scrape dirt up from the property and build up and compact an area 12' x 50' and was able to wheel roll and compact the flat area and a slope about 5' high. It has never shifted or cracked in 7 years.

gtermini:
Skip loaders are the most versatile thing ever made. You can move some serious material with the gannon box, and grade it right out as go. That old massey looks about bulletproof. Is it a gasser?

Greyson

DeadNutz:

--- Quote from: gtermini on November 15, 2018, 12:11:25 PM ---Skip loaders are the most versatile thing ever made. You can move some serious material with the gannon box, and grade it right out as go. That old massey looks about bulletproof. Is it a gasser?

Greyson

--- End quote ---

It has a Perkins diesel that will pull a heck of grade if you let it idle up. The box scraper is a Gannon and very heavy duty. The rippers are hydraulic along with the side tilt which makes cutting ditches for drainage very easy. We were lucky to score this one as tractors and dump trailers are the hardest things to find around here used.

fatfillup:
Cool piece of iron

goodfellow:
Tumbleweed country -- love it!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version