Author Topic: I'm done with gun shows!  (Read 9140 times)

Offline ken w.

Re: I'm done with gun shows!
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2019, 05:22:38 PM »
The best one day gun show I've ever been to was in Mt. Bethel by the NJ border. It ended at 4:00 and they had to boot people out.
  I want to start going to southern , PA to shows where I don't know anyone.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2019, 05:59:58 PM »
The best one day gun show I've ever been to was in Mt. Bethel by the NJ border. It ended at 4:00 and they had to boot people out.

Wise move!  ;)

Offline ken w.

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2019, 07:06:28 PM »
The gun shows around me suck. Same old crap show to show. I want to go to a gun show where I wont see the same vendors and see new people in the crowd. I just look for old vintage stuff. Not new guns. I can buy that anywhere. It's nice to go to a gun show and see a table full of sights , clips , older slings , etc. Not black nylon slings and scopes that are too big that there useless except to snipe someone @ 800 yards.

Offline muddy

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2019, 07:29:53 PM »
The Eagle arms Gun show at the Oaks expo center in March has 2000 tables always something to see!

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2019, 09:59:12 PM »
There is a certain gun show that travels the region and I haven't gone to it in 9 years. I went once and I felt it wasn't worth the $10 to get in. There were almost as many tables of knives as guns and there were no deals there. I asked one vendor about Mini-14 mags and she said they were all back at the pawn shop. I had never been to that shop and it was on the way home so we stopped.
We went into the shop and the first thing I noticed was all the warbird and airplane pictures hanging on the wall. I started talking to the owner about warbirds and we knew some of the same people and he sold me 1/2 dozen mags for $25. That was the start of a great friendship and he cut me many deals before he moved his shop to Idaho.

The Crossroads of the West gun show in Reno is good. Beside deals on quantities of ammo there are many tables with the harder to find small items. I didn't get stocked back up on 5.56 until I went there during the ammo shortage 8-9 years ago. I was able to buy ammo boxes full of new production Lake City for a great price.