Author Topic: Blackhawk Baldie Ratchets  (Read 8495 times)

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
Blackhawk Baldie Ratchets
« on: August 17, 2018, 03:27:29 PM »
I really like these. As users they're good. Changing direction is sort of involved but for style they take the blue ribbon.

Top one is 3/4 drive.

Blackhawk also had a 7/16 drive. It was advertised as doing the job of 3/8 and 1/2 in one ratchet and the sockets available covered both ranges. One interesting feature is the handle unscrews and can be extended for the heavier service tasks and retracted for smaller jobs. It is captive so it can't (readily) be removed just extended/retracted. There was also a gearless version of the 7/16 drive series.

People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline Cruiser808

Re: Blackhawk Baldie Ratchets
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 02:57:49 PM »
Outstanding specimens of the golden Blackhawk era. I have the 1/2, it is rusty and beat up. Come to think of it, all my vintage tools are rusty and beat up. The climate here in Hawaii is not kind to vintage tools, cars, and pretty much everything else made out of metal.  >:(

Offline kwoswalt99

Re: Blackhawk Baldie Ratchets
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 03:44:40 PM »
Outstanding specimens of the golden Blackhawk era. I have the 1/2, it is rusty and beat up. Come to think of it, all my vintage tools are rusty and beat up. The climate here in Hawaii is not kind to vintage tools, cars, and pretty much everything else made out of metal.  >:(

Strange, my car is from Hawaii and it doesn’t have a speck of rust on it.