Author Topic: Craftsman 3/8” Drive Long Handle Flex-Head RP Ratchet  (Read 2905 times)

Offline GNAP

Craftsman 3/8” Drive Long Handle Flex-Head RP Ratchet
« on: November 11, 2019, 05:50:29 PM »
Today, while buying some nuts and bolts at a rural Vermont Ace Hardware, I found 2 of the original Craftsman 3/8” drive, long handle, flex-head, raised panel ratchets, in a box of odds and ends in the tool section. I really like them, I’ve used one almost daily for 40+ yrs, along with the ever present Harbor Freight composite ratchets, they form the basis for my service tool bag. Unfortunately I seem to loose 4-5 of them a year, from either theft, carelessness or minion stupidity. To me they seem to be about the best 3/8” flex-head available in the $25-$30 range. I’ve yet to see them at the Lowe’s stores, all they seem to stock is the new SBD sourced short handle flex-head at about twice the cost. As I’m down to about 2 dozen examples and don’t see them everyday, I snapped them up immediately.
jack

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: Craftsman 3/8” Drive Long Handle Flex-Head RP Ratchet
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 06:01:19 PM »
Congrats -- glad you snapped them up Jack. Despite Sears' never ending problems, there are still some deals out there to find. Two years ago I found a Craftsman Industrial 1/2" drive SAE socket set at the bottom of a closeout pile at the local store. The case was dusty and beat up, but the tools inside were new.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 07:04:16 PM »
Congrats.
While the deals or prices aren't great I've been slowly buying up every US made Craftsman hand tool they have at the local Ace that I don't already have.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline slip knot

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2019, 07:29:45 PM »
Those flex head RPs were pretty rugged. Lord knows I've done all I can to destroy mine and its still going strong.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 08:08:06 PM »
So, do you have an alarm on your weight scale storage that sounds off when you get down to two dozen rats?  :))

Offline GNAP

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2019, 04:29:30 PM »
Bought 3 more today
jack

Offline nonbox00

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2020, 12:45:47 AM »
I have other similar ratchets but I still use my Craftsman 3/8” drive, long handle, flex-head, raised panel ratchet. These ratchets are still sold at Sears and Amazon.

https://www.sears.com/craftsman-3-8-in-drive-flex-head-quick-release/p-A023241015?rrec=true

https://www.amazon.com/Craftsman-Release-Teardrop-Ratchet-9-44815/dp/B00065T0YG