Author Topic: What do you guys think of these? Fingertip double flex ratcheting box wrenches  (Read 3443 times)

Offline bonneyman

Saw these on a tool truck video, and thought, "Dang, why didn't I think of that"! My mind has been going over and over as to where these might come in handy.

For $139 a set of three! I might just try and make a couple (in the common sizes I use) from pawn shop extras.

What do you guys think?

https://www.matcotools.com/catalog/product/RFRB/3-PIECE-FLEX-FINGER-RATCHET-WRENCH-SET/
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 04:49:48 PM by bonneyman »

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
139 bux....

Kind of a lot for some surplus gearwrench bits.

Somebody had that type of flex end that would attach to a handle. It also came with a little peice that would attach to  flex ends to make a wrench like that. Craftsman maybe?
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline oldnslo

Thats a lot of tall cold frosty ones......

Offline bonneyman

I'm thinking a pair of ratcheting box ends off of buggared combo wrenches and the middle square stock of an old universal joint and wah-la! Like 9/16" and 15mm, and 3/8" and 10mm.

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
search 3d transformer wrench. several brands out there.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline muddy

search 3d transformer wrench. several brands out there.
They look a little unruly. Like when you go to apply torque they flop on their side like a universal joint

https://m.sears.com/craftsman-ultimate-collection-cm-transformer-tool-sae-set/p-A031826686

Sent from the twisted mind of the Mudman
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 09:08:27 PM by muddy »

Offline fatfillup

Pretty typical of Matco.  Way overpriced for medium quality.

I will hand it to them for ingenuity assuming they came up with the design and of course their marketing.

Wonder how many will be sold.  For the money, it would have to solve a problem I already have before I would drop that much money on them and at the moment, I don't have that problem :))

Offline chevy302dz

You could get these if your local Lowes has any left on clearance. I was able to get a set a few months ago for under $10.
http://images.wrench-set.org/l-m/metric-combination-flexible-ratchet-wrench.jpg

Offline bonneyman

I used to just use sockets for finger-tip work, then wrapped rubber bands around them for more grip.

But as the arthritis spreads, I just can't grab sockets with any real grip anymore. These things are just big enough to palm them yet still small for tight areas.

Offline walrus

I can see a use in new cars if thats what you do. Other than that, no way

Offline TexasT

• Where I can be found
I think the only one I'd use is the 8mmx10mm one. I cant remember the last time  i pulled out an 11,12,9 or 7mm wrench or socket out to use. So $139 of one just seems over the top. Needs a 13mmx15mm included and even then it wouldn't be worth that much.

Cool idea but it is like one of those dog bone things sears sold at Christmas. Seems like a good idea but just isn't that functional.
Rich

Offline nonbox00

I would just buy a set of stubby ratcheting wrenches