Author Topic: Milwaukee 3/8 Stubby  (Read 4753 times)

Offline muddy

Milwaukee 3/8 Stubby
« on: May 11, 2020, 09:43:57 PM »
Well as you know I was tossing around the idea of getting a new cordless impact. Well I found a deal on the one I was looking at. A stubby 3/8.

So far I'm happy with the upgrade. As you can see it is much smaller. However don't let it's size fool you. It's got 250 lb ft of breath away torque. 20 lb ft more then the Snap-On it is replacing. It is also lighter and we'll balanced.

The nicest thing is this m12 system opens the door for more tools at half the cost. The battery of the Snap-On is no longer used so i would have to upgrade everything to get new tools. I think the next will be a 1/4 ratchet.

The wrench has three torque settings. Then it has a setting that runs fasteners in till a very low torque (I believe 5 or 10 ft pounds) to be tightened later with hand tools or a torque wrench.

image uploading

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Offline gtermini

• Pictures of the junk collection
Re: Milwaukee 3/8 Stubby
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 10:58:59 PM »
Looks like a winner. Let us know how the battery charge holds up during a day of shop use.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2020, 08:39:10 AM »
Pretty amazing how compact that battery pack is; yet you still get that much  torque from that tool's small footprint. Great buy Tim -

Offline walrus

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2020, 03:19:41 PM »
You will like the 1/4 ratchet, The only draw back is reversing direction. My fingers are pretty big and that makes it hard to grab selector. Other than that it rules. Way more power than I thought possible. I have an air operated Snap On, I think the m12 fuel ratchet has more torque. Also you can get 6 amp hr batteries which makes it even more powerful

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2020, 03:41:13 PM »
Pretty nice for a Milwaukee... :lol_hitting:
I'm  kidding. I am a big fan of cordless 3/8  impacts I have a 12 and 20 v max dewalt models. Ubeleivably handy.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline slip knot

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2020, 05:23:53 PM »
The difference in battery size is amazing, battery technology is really moving up.

Offline geneg

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2020, 09:15:38 AM »
I have the impact driver, 3/8 drill , & the sawsall in this series.  I drove lags into old oak rafters with the impact most of the day yesterday.  The small size is a great benefit.  All fit in a Milwaukee packout with room for a charger & accessories.  The batteries recharge very quickly, so a couple in rotation will keep you going all day.  You can also get 3.0 ah batteries to improve performance.  Most tools come with 1.5 ah, Home Depot has 2.0 s,  with a little searching, you can find the 3.0's.  They're well worth it.

Offline muddy

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2020, 08:28:35 PM »
This thing is the cats ass

fallout nv mentats

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2020, 09:00:36 PM »
I can see where the smaller size is a plus for working on forklifts. The Snappy never would of fit in there.

Offline muddy

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2020, 09:33:10 PM »
I can see where the smaller size is a plus for working on forklifts. The Snappy never would of fit in there.
And because of that I find myself using it more

Offline eborcim

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2020, 10:15:29 PM »
Looks like a nice upgrade.  The smaller impacts are handy and they fit kid's hands so they can help too!  I bet Sam would love one!

Offline Rusty

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2020, 10:52:48 AM »
I like it. It would probably disappear in my hand.
"Those wars are unjust which are undertaken without provocation.
 For only a war waged for revenge or defense can be just"

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Offline muddy

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2020, 09:05:37 PM »
Looks like a nice upgrade.  The smaller impacts are handy and they fit kid's hands so they can help too!  I bet Sam would love one!
He loves playing with tools and "helping" Daddy

Offline highland512

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2020, 08:11:31 AM »
Hell I cant find half my tools most of the time due to my 3 year old "helping". At least he is cute as hell when he is "helping". He told me last week he needed a tool box for his tools and I think he might be on to something.

Offline muddy

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2020, 08:16:08 PM »
Hell I cant find half my tools most of the time due to my 3 year old "helping". At least he is cute as hell when he is "helping". He told me last week he needed a tool box for his tools and I think he might be on to something.
I have an old eg basket filled with old odds and ends that are "his" tools