Author Topic: Pretty cool -- Eric O. has a new alignment machine  (Read 2261 times)

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Pretty cool -- Eric O. has a new alignment machine
« on: June 04, 2020, 07:45:49 AM »
Truly amazing technology these days in the wheel alignment branch. Eric O. from the Southmain Auto Channel on YouTube explains his new alignment rack, and it is quite impressive.

To a guy like myself, who learned to do it with Hunter machines in the early 1980's where strings and rulers were still the norm, this is fantastic technology. An experienced alignment tech can make some good money using this platform.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 12:26:15 PM by goodfellow »

Offline torqueman2002

Re: Pretty cool -- Eric O. has a new alignment machine
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 12:10:00 PM »
Thanks for the heads-up!

Eric O is a favorite YouTuber of mine, I would have checked sooner or later; but after your post, I went right to his sight.

He does a great job of explaining and documenting his jobs.
"I got to show the young boys how not to do it. I haven't showed them everything not to do, yet. It's a big job!" - Otto Kilcher

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2020, 09:45:45 PM »
Slick rack, good to know that is out in the world. Guy seems to run a first class operation..

I like it
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline slip knot

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2020, 10:06:03 PM »
pretty slick.

The alignment shop I use here has alignment racks that are older than me. They are the go to place to get your front end right. The guy running it now took over when his dad passed. He grew up in a front end shop. not much he hasn't seen. I laugh at him about his old equipment and that he needs to upgrade. he told me he makes more money when everyone else upgrades because the screw up more than they fix.  :lol_hitting:

Online walrus

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2020, 04:45:13 AM »
pretty slick.

The alignment shop I use here has alignment racks that are older than me. They are the go to place to get your front end right. The guy running it now took over when his dad passed. He grew up in a front end shop. not much he hasn't seen. I laugh at him about his old equipment and that he needs to upgrade. he told me he makes more money when everyone else upgrades because the screw up more than they fix.  :lol_hitting:
Thats because he actually understands how a front end alignment works. I've modified my 67 Mustang front end. I called around wanting someone to set it to my specs not Fords. One guy said I doubt I have a card for that. I said screw the card I want it set up my way. He said not interested.  I knew of a guy but was told he wasn't working anymore. I called him, explained what I wanted to do and he said bring in over. Out in the middle of the woods, 1973 Hunter lite o liner. Bought it new and still using it.  He set it up like I wanted, handles great.