Author Topic: Another Bonney has been added to the fold!  (Read 516 times)

Offline bonneyman

Another Bonney has been added to the fold!
« on: November 03, 2023, 05:55:15 PM »
A 13/16" angle wrench. Really hard to find ( been looking for 10 years), was able to score this one. And it's in fantastic shape! Now my set is complete from 3/8 to 13/16.

Offline jabberwoki

Re: Another Bonney has been added to the fold!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2023, 06:45:56 PM »
Ya just can`t beat the look and feel of a good quality wrench.
I have a 1 1/8 Bon-E-con it`s a beautiful beast.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2023, 08:46:54 PM »
nice find! :clap:
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2023, 09:40:49 PM »
I was lucky.

I was perusing thru ebay under Bonney wrenches and came across a lot of maybe 12 wrenches. The Bonney angle wrench stuck out from the rest - you all know how the Bonney chrome has that gray look to it. I contacted a friend of mine who has an ebay account and asked him to message the seller and see if he'd sell an individual wrench from the lot. The seller asked what I'd pay for it, an amount was agreed upon, and he said it'd be in my hand by Friday. I thought I'd be paying $21 dollars but when the package came he only charged me $17 including shipping. I've seen the next 3 larger sizes from time to time (7/8, 15/16, and 1") but would never use them. Yet I almost want to try and snag them and make a set up to one inch. But they get progressively more expensive as they get bigger. We'll see.

Anyway I'm happy to have this one - goes well with the S-K 13/16 I bought from Epsteins to fill the empty slot.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2023, 04:32:29 PM »
Congrats,I can't stand incomplete wrench sets.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2023, 08:56:51 PM »
A warm and fuzzy feeling for sure George. Always great to complete a set after an exhaustive search and wait. Congrats ---

Offline muddy

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2023, 10:06:06 PM »
Is it just that size hard to find or  all angle wrenches? I have a set 3/8-1-1/4 that I bought from Phil when I bought my toolbox.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2023, 08:15:00 AM »
Is it just that size hard to find or  all angle wrenches? I have a set 3/8-1-1/4 that I bought from Phil when I bought my toolbox.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Angle wrenches are not as common as other styles. They have their uses, but I think in the modern mechanical world they are not as valuable to most guys. They are quite helpful in the refrigeration world, wish I had found out about them earlier than I did. Once I started using them I was like in heaven.
The 13/16' size is a common HVAC flare connection size, and for some reason I've never seen many of the angle wrenches in that size around. it's why I jumped on this one and am lucky to have gotten it. Though not working in HVAC much it's not a vital. Just filling my set.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2023, 12:57:33 PM »
Great snag, always good to complete a set

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2023, 08:54:12 PM »
 I have always thought that DOE angle wrenches were primarily prized by tractor guys and those that work extensively with hydraulic lines.
Quality angle wrench sets always seem to command  terribly high prices. I fell into a smoking deal for a set of Snap-on, either 5 or 7 piece for some insanely low price so I bought them. I already had several sizes going down to 5/16.

Funny though, I have not used every size, and only one or two of the smaller sizes on e or twice. That said, it is still a beautiful set and of course, I don't regret buying them.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!