Author Topic: Vintage WWII pinup pics!  (Read 1037 times)

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
Re: Vintage WWII pinup pics!
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2023, 11:03:04 PM »
There were several very talented pinup artists of that era, but I have always considered Vargas the best of the lot. Others did make significant contributions though and it is interesting to see the results of their efforts as well though.

I think Vargas is generally considered the best and IMO probably the most tasteful. Among some of the others was Art Frahm. He did stuff a little on the quirky side usually with a womans skirt blown up somewhere mid thigh, racy but not explicit, and her hands often occupied - most often carrying groceries but the circumstances were usually embarrassing for the woman often with her underwear fallen to the ground. And for some reason the grocery sack often contained a celery. In fact it's such a common theme in his work google will return him with a search of pinup artist with celery.

People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2023, 11:14:11 PM »
I agree Steve.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2023, 12:08:03 PM »
I think artists in general are a bit quirky.  Not downing them, think they have to be quirky to be creative.

Offline muddy

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2023, 07:17:52 PM »
I believe woman of the 30s and 40s were the most beautiful of time!

Modern day pinups girls...

https://www.facebook.com/WarbirdPinupGirls?mibextid=ZbWKwL

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk