Author Topic: Craft beer  (Read 481 times)

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
Craft beer
« on: December 10, 2023, 11:15:50 AM »
My entire life I have had a champagne appetite and a beer pocketbook. In College I always drank mid level Bud/Busch beer, and occasionally cheaper beer like Olympia beer (ya, that dates me) The only hard liquor I bought was generally Jim Beam, Jack cost too much in College.

So, I ended up generally only buying cheaper alcohol. I figure I can get the same results for less money right? I am half German, that might explain it.

Since Yuengling appeared things have changed a bit. I now lean toward Yuengling or Shiner Bock. But recently I have really been purchasing seasonal beers like Oktober beer and the Yuengling Hershy. The other day I bought a holiday sample pack of Sam Adams. I found each flavor decent, but nothing that I felt like buying a 12 pack of. The only one I outright disliked was the IPA flavor. That one just flat ass sucked! I would take a PBR over any  IPA  every day of the week.

Anyway, if anyone is looking at trying a Sam Adams Holiday sampler I would say to give it a try. It's  alright, but not the favorite seasonal beer have tossed down my food hole.

You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline muddy

Re: Craft beer
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2023, 06:22:55 PM »
They actually brew quite a habit of their beers here in Breinigsville PA.

I'm not the biggest Sam Adams fan. When the craft scene exploded they jumped on the band wagon. Alot of their offerings weren't that great. I think that hurt them a bit.

Maybe I'll grab one of the sampler packs for our new years Eve party.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2023, 07:15:25 PM »
It was OK, but I won't buy it twice.

Offline stokester

• Air-cooled!
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2023, 05:21:40 PM »
After quite a few years out of the home brewing hobby I decided to get back in.  A few months of watching Craig's List got me a keggerator and CO2 system along with lots of bits and pieces to restart.  It was always such a PITA to brew and then bottle so carbonating using Corny kegs and a modified refrigerator takes a lot of work out of the process.

My first brew was a light lager similar to a Miller Light which I bottled and bottle conditioned for carbonation.  This second batch is a brown ale that I kegged and forced carbonated using the keggerator.  The worst part in both carbonation methods is the two week wait!
Nick
Yorktown, VA

Offline muddy

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2023, 07:42:17 PM »
That brown ale looks tasty!

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2023, 08:39:50 AM »
That brown ale looks tasty!

+1 ME TOO!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2023, 04:01:41 PM by Uncle Buck »