TOOLS AND THE SHOP > MECHANIC HAND TOOLS WE USE

Wright Socket Set Closeout

(1/5) > >>

muddy:
Check out the close out on the wright sets at H J Epstein

https://www.harryepstein.com/nos-12-piece-wright-allied-tools-us-made-1-4-drive-metric-socket-set-a26.html

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

skfarmer:
 i think goodfellow was a fan of those allied sets. some of them may have been labeled as "couger".

i suspect they may have been stanley sourced.

goodfellow:

--- Quote from: skfarmer on October 24, 2022, 05:10:02 PM --- i think goodfellow was a fan of those allied sets. some of them may have been labeled as "couger".

--- End quote ---

Yes indeed Harlan, I'm a big fan of those sets, and I think you're dead-on with the Cougar connection. I think they sourced the Cougar line from Stanley and Danaher at some point in time.

Uncle Buck:

--- Quote from: goodfellow on October 24, 2022, 05:19:40 PM ---
--- Quote from: skfarmer on October 24, 2022, 05:10:02 PM --- i think goodfellow was a fan of those allied sets. some of them may have been labeled as "couger".

--- End quote ---

Yes indeed Harlan, I'm a big fan of those sets, and I think you're dead-on with the Cougar connection. I think they sourced the Cougar line from Stanley and Danaher at some point in time.

--- End quote ---

Cougar was absolutely Wright brand. I bought a 1/4 set from HE for my pop in the 1990's. The set is in the clutter that is my shop now.

muddy:
I'd definitely say Cougar and Wright are the same as well.....

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version