TOOLS AND THE SHOP > GENERAL TOOL AND MACHINE DISCUSSION

Cordless Lawn Tools

(1/4) > >>

highland512:
Does anybody here have any cordless lawn tools? Whats your thoughts on them? Do they have the power of 2 cycle? How long would a 4ah battery run a string trimmer?
My boy wants to start helping with the lawn care and string trimming and blowing seems like a good place for him to start. I was eye balling the craftsman v20 line at lowes over the weekend, the Model #CMCST900D1 has an adjustable shaft length which would work well with a little helper that will be getting taller every day. 

hickory n Steel:
I have a 5 year old B&D 18v max that is a great tool, not as powerful as gas but the line just about last forever.

I'd imagine that the more expensive stuff is even better .

slip knot:
I bought the ex an Ego blower some years back. 58volt IIRC. I was damned impressed with that thing.

The Magic Ratchet:
I have had an 18V leaf blower and a 40V string trimmer, both Ryobi, for about 5 years. I bought them when we were still living on our 1/3 acre property in GA not knowing what property we might have when we moved to SC. I was pleasantly surprised that both devices handle my 3/4 acre easily. After 5 years, the 18V 4ah battery for the blower occasionally starts to lose steam just as I'm finishing up. As far as run time, I have never actually checked it but I usually spend about an hour trimming and blowing.

Lou Manglass

The Magic Ratchet:
P.S. I forgot to comment about power. The string trimmer handles .080" or .095" string easily and they both seem to be the equal of just about any gas powered device I've ever owned. The exceptions would be the 4 cycle string trimmer and the backpack blower. I have owned the entire evolution of these appliances starting with the corded versions that weren't very powerful at all.

Lou

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version