TOOLS AND THE SHOP > GENERAL TOOL AND MACHINE DISCUSSION

How To: Battery pack rebuilds -

<< < (2/3) > >>

oldnslo:
Ok, so I found my old Porter Cable 14.4 v drill driver. Found the batteries on fleabay. My one concern is soldering heat. If I go slow, and cool between solderings, it seems to be ok based on my web research.

A similar battery rebuild is here, tho my 14.4 configuration does not have the last battery standing up top.

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR7s2OAPeVA  <-- long vid.

I have to wrestle with if the upgrade is worth the time/effort, since I use it very little, or just kick it to the curb at a garage sale.

goodfellow:
No worries about soldering heat OnS. Most new batteries have long enough tabs to allow easy placement and configuration and to minimize heat transfer to the battery core. Many of the older batteries had short tabs and I used separate nickel strips to complete the soldering, but these days with longer tabs that's no longer a worry

daves_not_here:
How's that Ryobi battery holding up?

goodfellow:

--- Quote from: daves_not_here on July 30, 2019, 03:11:00 PM ---How's that Ryobi battery holding up?

--- End quote ---

Very well - just rebuilt a few more that I bid for on eBay- they were cheap because they were DOA - but allL needed was the housing anyway. Now I have six packs - 4 NiCD and 2  Li.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muddy:
I need to get on it and repair a Milwaukee battery I have.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version