Author Topic: Socket grab  (Read 2868 times)

Offline DeadNutz

Socket grab
« on: July 13, 2019, 12:00:57 AM »
At the lunch at our EAA chapter house at the airport today I walked by the table by the door and saw a strik9 style tool tote made from a milk jug stuff full of tools. I asked the president who was collecting lunch money where the tools came from. He said one of our members set it on the table when came in and said everybody take what they want. The first socket I pulled out was an S-K sparkplug socket and I said I was taking it to check the inventory. I sat at a table and sorted out all the USA sockets from the import crap and ended up with 42 USA sockets. There are anywhere from one to three of any single brand. There are MAC including an 11/16 deep that is mint, Proto, Indestro, Easco, Craftsman, Wright, Walden, Giller, PennCraft, Husky, 1 marked MOPAR USA that I have never seen before and others.

I held out some money to the prez and said I'll take these and here is money for the scholarship fund. He said just take them due to how much time and effort I put in. I got pissed and held out half the money and told him to take it which he did. We had a good week for donations to our non-profit org as one member donated a 1999 Yamaha 650 Star Classic motorcycle and a bicycle that he no longer rides. The same member already donated a $22,000 airplane kit several years ago and we are building it so we have a better chance of selling it.

Offline slip knot

Re: Socket grab
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 10:27:52 AM »
Lots of good filler material.

I got my filler box out yesterday and reloaded my toolbox on the farm truck. seems I'm always missing something in there.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 06:21:13 PM »
USA sockets are always a good investment. For use or trading fodder.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2019, 07:01:39 PM »
Lots of good stuff to trade with anyone trying to fill out a set, especially a user set.
Even a rough socket that's not much to look at has value as a temporary filler until a better example can be found.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline Plomb-er

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2019, 07:17:39 PM »
Nice score, and for a good cause