Author Topic: old tractor  (Read 2367 times)

Offline john k

old tractor
« on: October 18, 2019, 12:41:27 PM »
Finally got back to work on the M tractor I bought.   Slid the left rear wheel back out on the axle where  it was before    then jacked up the other side and removed the wheel, spn it around 180 and got it back on the axle.  Am thinking  it did me in for a day,  Wheel, rim, center and tire  are probably in the 400lb area.   Cast steel center alone is 150lb. plus,  glad i didn't have to lift it up on the axle.    Just have to slidei  it off,  keep it balanced, then line it up with the axle splines.   Also be ready to jump out of the way if it comes towards you.  Some men have been crushed  doing this, especially  tires filled with fluid.  This did not have fluid.   Tires come to my shoulder, so it was just a matter of going slow and easy.    then getting the loader ready to put the loader back on.   Found some old cracked welds, and going to get them redone before I go any farther.   Need to pull the headlights off,  clean the reflectors,  convert to 12 volt.  Get a filter and change oil before it gets any colder, already had two hard freezes.   Coating my trailer deck with deck seal.  need to move two cars around before winter too.   Always something to keep busy.