Author Topic: Post all of your latest tool buys here  (Read 183011 times)

Offline hickory n Steel

Re: Post all of your latest tool buys here
« Reply #330 on: June 09, 2020, 05:03:49 PM »
Well they're too big and I'll be returning them.
I will probably just go with the same boot I'm currently wearing but I wouldn't mind finding an all black US made traditional Chukka.
Whatever I wear definitely has to be traditional looking.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #331 on: June 09, 2020, 08:49:24 PM »
Scratch that, I can't return them.
I stupidly took the tags off and they wont take 'em back now.

Because my feet just don't have much fat on them I dont think I can wear pull on boots.

My dad wears the same size as me but has more fat on his feet than me so if he can wear these he can have 'em.
I learned my lesson,  and I'll just have to go with another pair of lace up conductors.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline slip knot

« Reply #332 on: June 18, 2020, 09:39:55 PM »
A new one for me. Have been fighting the Allis Chalmers injector pump. its been giving me fits. I was gonna pull the top off and look around but none of my security drivers would fit. torx is 6 sided but these were 5 sided. Found out I needed a pentalobe bit. didn't have a clue what size it was so I ordered a set. will probably never need them again but I got em. :hee20hee20hee:

Offline Matt_T

« Reply #333 on: June 19, 2020, 07:48:32 AM »
Found out I needed a pentalobe bit. didn't have a clue what size it was so I ordered a set. will probably never need them again but I got em.

Ford use them so you might need them again. Not something I'd expect to see on what I'm guessing is a fairly old tractor though :017:

Offline Elroy

« Reply #334 on: June 22, 2020, 04:39:20 PM »
with the recent relaxation on Covid-19 restriction, Elroy was able to visit the show room at Southern. Picked up a few miscellaneous SK pieces

SK 19732
6 piece 1/4" drive metric allen drivers
$6.00

SK 45184
3" Long, 3/8 drive sliding sleeve locking extension
$12

Sk 45189
10-1/2" long, 3/8 drive sliding sleeve locking extension
$19

8 foot long x 1-1/2 wide, double eye, nylon sling rated at 1,800 pound vertical, 1,440 pound choker, 3,600 pound basket
$8

Camera battery is dead. Not with-standing that little issue, Elroy is glad to see the world starting to open back up.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 08:14:40 PM by Elroy »

Online muddy

« Reply #335 on: June 25, 2020, 11:19:04 AM »
New to me trade in on the tool truck. Been looking for an air hammer that's a bit shorter then my current one.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Online goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #336 on: June 25, 2020, 01:35:05 PM »
Great old hammer Tim. Those were a big seller some years ago, and pretty powerful for being a short barrel. They were better than most of the other shorty competition models.

Offline jeffmoss26

« Reply #337 on: June 26, 2020, 07:36:21 PM »
got this yesterday

Offline torqueman2002

« Reply #338 on: June 28, 2020, 06:59:51 PM »
I was minding my own business,  :25: right.

Anyway, I spotted these on CL and just had to buy them.

Now I have the problem I can imagine jeffmoss26 ^^ might have -- do I use them as a tool should be, or keep them nice and pretty?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 07:06:59 PM by torqueman2002 »
"I got to show the young boys how not to do it. I haven't showed them everything not to do, yet. It's a big job!" - Otto Kilcher

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #339 on: June 29, 2020, 04:31:13 PM »
To Jeff and Torqueman, I say use them.  That ratcheting screwdriver is one of my fav SO tools.  The Cman stones are certainly cool unused in the box, but how many folks would appreciate them(present company excluded)

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #340 on: June 29, 2020, 04:43:06 PM »
Nice stone, but you can still get a brand new Norton of equal quality today if you need a user.
It wouldn't take long to wear off that Craftsman logo either.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #341 on: June 29, 2020, 04:45:09 PM »
Bought this on Ebay to replace the set my dad gave me as a kid, if the 2.5" adjustable in these sets is a legitimate tool then I made a tool purchase.
If not it's a novelty collectible purchase.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #342 on: June 30, 2020, 07:47:01 PM »
Yesterday I ordered a new pair of the justin conductors I currently wear for work, and got an email that they were out of stock and the size is being discontinued and they were refunding me.   :c002:

Tthat total was $210 shipping included which was too much compared to the $169 I scored the last pair for from workboots.com, but it was I thought my only option left for a black traditional American made work boot.

Well I went back on Google to see what I could find and what do you know I found a nice pair of  recently discontinued Chippewas in my exact size on clearance from $200 down to $99 from the place that refunded my money minutes earlier  :a102: :a102:
I did a quick search online and they are American made, and the regular price was right on  :93:  :93:

Everything worked out great, because I got a higher quality boot ( Justin's are fine, but the leather is a bit looser in grain ) for half the price  :cool2:
I've been wanting to try a pair of Chippewas and this was just the opportunity,  too bad I won't be able to get another pair if I like them.
I had originally thought I'd be able to get my Justin's resoled, but last winter before I had my boot dryer they got wet a lot and wounded up with a damp sponge kind of smell I can't get rid of.
If I take better care of these they can get resoled, with a Goodyear welt it's a one day thing.
They just peel the outsole off and glue a new one on.
I've learned that the Obenauffs heavy duty LP just wasn't quite enough for my needs if you don't reapply offen enough , this time I'm gonna go with SNO-SEAL.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 07:49:12 PM by hickory n Steel »
Always lookin' to learn

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #343 on: July 05, 2020, 06:09:50 AM »
Danm I just can't catch a break when it comes to work boots.

They're great and they fit well, sadly they are not actually slip resistant as they were advertised and I can't wear them at work.
I was suspicious when the Vibram Gumlite soles didn't say slip resistant on them, but I tried them earlier and didn't take more than a minute of walking to realize they were a no-go and I had to change into my Justins.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline torqueman2002

« Reply #344 on: July 05, 2020, 11:03:58 AM »
Too bad. Nice looking American made boot!
"I got to show the young boys how not to do it. I haven't showed them everything not to do, yet. It's a big job!" - Otto Kilcher