Author Topic: HF and the China Virus  (Read 2915 times)

Offline highland512

HF and the China Virus
« on: May 06, 2020, 01:28:10 PM »
I went by the local HF buffet at lunch and the selection is looking skinny. The only things I saw that where well stocked where tool boxes, jacks, and the gimmicky bs nobody wants. The main line cheep tools where all gone, Icon was left but ALL the cheep shit was gone, ammo boxes gone, batteries gone, no gloves, no tarps, no flashlights, and worst of all.................... no 20% off coupons.  :lol_hitting: :lol_hitting: I was able to find the drill extension I was looking for though.

Either my area has gone full prepper fixer upper mode, HF is having a supply issue, people are board out of their minds and buying tools for projects, or all of the above. Whats it look like in your neck of the woods? I hope HF stays in business, where else could I buy tools to chop up or my yearly supply of flap disk? :-*
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 01:36:58 PM by highland512 »

Offline GNAP

Re: HF and the China Virus
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 02:13:11 PM »
My local HF is well stocked compared to yours, the local manager, said they changed the delivery schedule, during the current lockdown, to one truck load every 3 weeks.
jack

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2020, 02:25:48 PM »
Ours had pretty much everything but the nitrile gloves and masks but I didn't wander the store as I wanted to limit my exposure.

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2020, 02:38:27 PM »
The local one here is also seems to be well stocked. They had gloves but the heavier ones - the other gloves and face masks supposedly they are donating and will not be in stores till this is over.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2020, 04:00:22 PM »
Stocked to the rafters around here, but many of the well known highly rated HF products are sparse.

Offline highland512

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2020, 07:53:04 AM »
Im glad to hear most others are well stocked, it was very odd seeing all of those hand tool selections cleaned out.

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2020, 08:48:48 AM »
i have not been to one in at least 6 weeks. i did get a catalog yesterday. it may have been slightly smaller but eric smidt had the whole front cover  as a message. there was a lot of yada yada bla bla bla but the jist of it was that they are doing their best to keep stores clean and would not be raising prices. they also  will be honoring all april and may coupons until june 30.

disclaimer. not a huge hf supporter or detractor. i just  realize they serve a purpose and  offer choices and things that many of us need and use. that said one has to admire his candid stance. they are putting themselves on record and continuing on with business as close to normal as possible. not many ceos going on record  and doing the things the way they are.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline muddy

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2020, 09:08:02 AM »
i have not been to one in at least 6 weeks. i did get a catalog yesterday. it may have been slightly smaller but eric smidt had the whole front cover  as a message. there was a lot of yada yada bla bla bla but the jist of it was that they are doing their best to keep stores clean and would not be raising prices. they also  will be honoring all april and may coupons until june 30.

disclaimer. not a huge hf supporter or detractor. i just  realize they serve a purpose and  offer choices and things that many of us need and use. that said one has to admire his candid stance. they are putting themselves on record and continuing on with business as close to normal as possible. not many ceos going on record  and doing the things the way they are.
It's understandable when it takes two hours to get to the next civilization ;-)

I haven't been to harbor freight since the new year.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2020, 09:09:58 AM »
Ours had pretty much everything but the nitrile gloves and masks but I didn't wander the store as I wanted to limit my exposure.

Yeah, the smell will get to everyone but the most ardent HF fans.  :lol_hitting:

Likewise I haven't been to our local outlet since before the outbreak, and then it was crazy busy. Can't sy what it looks like inside now.

Offline walrus

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2020, 02:36:04 PM »
I was in one a few weeks ago, stock was fine but I wanted one thing, in and out as fast as possible