Author Topic: New online tool store to check out!  (Read 6 times)

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
New online tool store to check out!
« on: Today at 04:07:22 PM »
Not new to me, but likely is to you. Located in Wichita, KS, a store called "The Yard" they also have a separate location for surplus and rebuilt tools. Both locations lean heavily towards the aircraft industry due to the local industries.

I have known about them for years, but only today visited them online. Recently I have been buying a mainly tools/accessories machinist in nature. One thing you never find cheap anywhere, including eBay and my favorite local store Harry Epsteins. That is long grooved 4r and 16r rigid grooved rules for use with combination square heads, centers, and protractor heads. Both 18" & 24" new or used are pricey.  I recently bought several small PEC (USA made) blem 4r grooved rules from Harry's.  They were the best prices I could find at time. As it turned out, the yard was selling virtually the same ones, same brand, blemishes 4r, or 16r, but priced considerably less than Harry's, especially in the 18 & 24" lengths. Those are closeout prices so they will dissappear as they sell out of their supply. The PEC brand will be ground off, but will likely be otherwise perfect.

I share this for anyone looking specifically for these, but they do sells tons of other stuff. No idea about the normally priced stuff, likely higher than I can afford. That said, they have a very unique product of rarely found stuff so perusing their online catalog is interesting. 

If, like me you have been looking for modest priced USA made 4r, or 16r rigid grooved rules, you might check them out. I have found none cheaper anywhere.  To find them online just insert "Yardstore,com"
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!