Author Topic: Maybe I shoulda saved 'em ?  (Read 181 times)

Offline hickory n Steel

Maybe I shoulda saved 'em ?
« on: April 09, 2024, 12:15:17 PM »
I had 2 of these laying around that died on my dad 30 years ago.
I threw them away a few years back, but if I knew they could be not only fixed but improved I would have sent them to somebody who might want to fix and make use of them.
Oh well they're gone now.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline The Magic Ratchet

Re: Maybe I shoulda saved 'em ?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2024, 05:12:10 PM »
I got rid of my Snap-On 3/8 drive impact because of battery issues so I can easily understand why you would part with those ratchets. In my case the deadly trio was short life, difficulty in obtaining replacements, and high cost. I think Snap-On "shot themselves in the foot" with their battery powered tools. I'll never know if they recovered as I can no longer justify Snap-On prices when there are other alternatives that seem to do the job and might actually be equal or better. Good to see that someone found a way to rebuild them better than new.

Lou Manglass

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2024, 12:58:08 PM »
I got rid of my Snap-On 3/8 drive impact because of battery issues so I can easily understand why you would part with those ratchets. In my case the deadly trio was short life, difficulty in obtaining replacements, and high cost. I think Snap-On "shot themselves in the foot" with their battery powered tools. I'll never know if they recovered as I can no longer justify Snap-On prices when there are other alternatives that seem to do the job and might actually be equal or better. Good to see that someone found a way to rebuild them better than new.

Lou Manglass
These were the standard B&D and not the Snapon rebrands.
When I came across them in a box of junk in the garage my 1st thought was who needs a battery powered ratchet, then I started thinking it could be handy until I saw the B&D logo and had flashbacks to all the trouble my dad had with his Black & Decker stick battery drill so I just tossed them ASAP.

Always lookin' to learn

Offline muddy

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2024, 09:08:45 PM »
Id still throw them in the dumpster....