TOOLS AND THE SHOP > MISCELLANEOUS HAND TOOLS PLUMBERS HAND TOOLS/ HVAC HAND TOOLS/ETC.

Diamond pliers

<< < (2/2)

Uncle Buck:
Great deal if you are going to resell all the doubles and triples, otherwise not so smart in my opinion. I think that guy just hoards all that stuff and doesn't resell it. $1,600 is a lot of coin to drop with no plans to sell off the extras.

I think I would rather have the money than the tools. Plus, no way would I plunk down that much money and have no clue what I was buying, sight unseen? Hell nno.I have to wonder about a guy like that myself. Nice tools though. But, in the end, tools are tools ya know.

hickory n Steel:

--- Quote from: Uncle Buck on March 05, 2024, 11:00:02 AM ---Great deal if you are going to resell all the doubles and triples, otherwise not so smart in my opinion. I think that guy just hoards all that stuff and doesn't resell it. $1,600 is a lot of coin to drop with no plans to sell off the extras.

I think I would rather have the money than the tools. Plus, no way would I plunk down that much money and have no clue what I was buying, sight unseen? Hell nno.I have to wonder about a guy like that myself. Nice tools though. But, in the end, tools are tools ya know.

--- End quote ---
I think basically the tools were listed but just not pictured.
I agree it wasn't smart to buy all this if you're not going to resell it.
I also think he kind of payed retail for it, some of the prices maybe were lower like for the large Tongue & grooves but most were probably priced right at what HJE would sell it for.
Some of that has been available from HJE in the past couple years too like the Crescent screwdriver sets.

TexasT:
I think the stuff before the bar codes is pretty cool.
I wouldn't want to pay $10 per for some of those screwdrivers and slip joint pliers but hey, whatever floats his boat.

As far as the amount of coin and whether it was worth it can be swung by perspective. Many spend inordinately on all kinds of things I wouldn't. And as for the "worth" with inflation this can be thought of as a bargain to hold some value as the fed just prints like a drunken sailor. I'll stop there as this isn't the political section, just sayin those tools are definitely value holders for the right person.

hickory n Steel:
The way I see it a lot of the pliers were as cheap if not cheaper than many inferior quality imported options available today.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version