Author Topic: I knew I'd pick one up eventually.  (Read 3955 times)

Offline hickory n Steel

I knew I'd pick one up eventually.
« on: March 16, 2019, 04:27:54 PM »
Every time I go to the local hardware I eyeball the box of Craftsman 47380 finger bit drivers, well today I finally decided to pick up a green one for $5.99 otd.

I think it'll come in quite handy being able to attach it to a 1/4 ratchet, and of course being able to put a socket adapter bit In it making it a mini spinner handle / finger spinner.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
Re: I knew I'd pick one up eventually.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 07:31:38 PM »
You'll find that pretty handy. I have the bit driver as well and use it. There was also a version with 1/4 drive lug and one with a 3/8 drive lug. There may even be a 1/2 version.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 08:32:35 PM »
You'll find that pretty handy. I have the bit driver as well and use it. There was also a version with 1/4 drive lug and one with a 3/8 drive lug. There may even be a 1/2 version.
Now 3/8-1/4 one sounds pretty cool.

I kind of with this one was for sockets but I think it probably works out a bit better with the slight length addition of the socket adapter bit.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 09:19:50 PM »
The bit one can be used as a small driver in very confined spaces as well as once something is loose or to tighten up. The square drive ones can kind of be use the same way. I like the bit function best on these. For the sockets I prefer the Snap-on spinners, the FRS 40 (3/8) Also comes in 1/4 (TRS 40) and 1/2 SRS 40).

There are a couple variations so there's the ?RS 40, 40A and 40B.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2019, 10:10:06 AM »
The bit one can be used as a small driver in very confined spaces as well as once something is loose or to tighten up. The square drive ones can kind of be use the same way. I like the bit function best on these. For the sockets I prefer the Snap-on spinners, the FRS 40 (3/8) Also comes in 1/4 (TRS 40) and 1/2 SRS 40).

There are a couple variations so there's the ?RS 40, 40A and 40B.
I definitely like that.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2019, 06:57:17 PM »
Been using that mini finger driver for years. When in a tight furnace vestibule trying to get out those back two 1/4" screws, this thing with a 1/4" nut runner ground down short is the only way to get 'em out.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2019, 12:17:48 PM »
Been using that mini finger driver for years. When in a tight furnace vestibule trying to get out those back two 1/4" screws, this thing with a 1/4" nut runner ground down short is the only way to get 'em out.
It's sounding more and more useful with every post.
Always lookin' to learn