Author Topic: Post all of your latest tool buys here  (Read 181108 times)

Offline gtermini

• Pictures of the junk collection
Re: Post all of your latest tool buys here
« Reply #75 on: December 24, 2019, 02:29:16 PM »
Pneumatic Tool Day

Dynabrade 6k rpm grinder off dabay for under $40 delivered. Not as powerful as my Atlas Copco LSV38's, but still great HP to weight ratio.

I almost feel guilty about this deal. I was looking up plate bevelers at work, thinking about getting a small one. Accidentally came across this on on amazon. The amazon algorithm had dumped the price to nothing like occasionally happens. Got on my phone and ordered it for myself. I was surprised it shipped, as they usually cancel my orders on the super deals.

Made in Japan. It cuts a radius instead of a straight bevel, but I can't complain.

Reg price is about $1k

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #76 on: December 24, 2019, 03:01:50 PM »
Great scores there Greyson. How do you find that graph?

Offline gtermini

• Pictures of the junk collection
« Reply #77 on: December 24, 2019, 03:14:23 PM »
https://camelcamelcamel.com/

Just paste the URL of any amazon item in the search bar on that website and it will show you the price history. Amazon prices constantly change based on a whole bunch of factors. When they have one left int he warehouse, no sales of that item for a long time, and few views on it a s well, the price will drop off considerably to clear the stock.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #78 on: December 24, 2019, 03:16:49 PM »
Was cruising Ebay last night when a proto puller set jumped into my cart.... :-[ somehow it got ordered and will be available for photos Saturday... ;D

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #79 on: December 25, 2019, 04:52:47 PM »
My latest
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline Davethorik

« Reply #80 on: December 26, 2019, 10:10:03 PM »
Picked these up today.
Milwaukee M18 Fuel 7-1/4 cordless circular saw, promo at HD for free XC8.0 battery with purchase of select tools. I wanted to get the saw anyway, but a free $169 battery? Yes please!

Can't wait to try these out.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #81 on: December 27, 2019, 01:21:07 AM »
Ok, now Its getting ridiculous.
I just bought a Channellock branded Camillus #27 electricians knife for my electrical kit, don't need it but figured since I was going with a Channellock theme I might as well go all out  ;D
It was only $20 on eBay and it's unused which is even better, too bad it's the standard black scales and not some cool blue ones.
I've already got a standard #27 with brown grips I carry and use a decent amount because they're just a useful handy utilitarian knife, but that one was used some while this one is not.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #82 on: December 27, 2019, 09:25:26 AM »
Picked these up today.
Milwaukee M18 Fuel 7-1/4 cordless circular saw, promo at HD for free XC8.0 battery with purchase of select tools. I wanted to get the saw anyway, but a free $169 battery? Yes please!

The wife tried to get me the Makita promotional set which has 2 4.0 batteries with a charger and bag and get a free bonus tool and I wanted the 6-1/2" circular saw. They are out of stock in the stores and online. Our local store was supposed to have some arrive on a truck yesterday and when I called this morning they didn't come in and are due the 30th. I called another store and every store in the district is out of stock as it is a very popular promotion. Bah humbug.

I did get a new welding helmet from the wife though.

Offline jeffmoss26

« Reply #83 on: December 27, 2019, 07:46:10 PM »
small Tekton haul, gonna use em at work

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #84 on: December 27, 2019, 09:38:29 PM »
small Tekton haul, gonna use em at work
Those screwdrivers look nice, where are they made ?
and those little ignition pliers are cool too, same price but I'm sure a little bit more available in stores than the standard Wilde #G250.
I've been meaning to pick up a set of those.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline Davethorik

« Reply #85 on: December 28, 2019, 03:26:16 AM »

The wife tried to get me the Makita promotional set which has 2 4.0 batteries with a charger and bag and get a free bonus tool and I wanted the 6-1/2" circular saw. They are out of stock in the stores and online. Our local store was supposed to have some arrive on a truck yesterday and when I called this morning they didn't come in and are due the 30th. I called another store and every store in the district is out of stock as it is a very popular promotion. Bah humbug.

I did get a new welding helmet from the wife though.

Sorry it didn't work out. Your process sounds more logical than mine though lol, hopefully you find one.

I just walked into Home Depot to return a Skil corded saw my BIL got me for Christmas. I felt a little bad, but I am fairly certain he has seen and used the perfectly fine corded Milwaukee I already owned lol.

I have thought about getting a cordless in the past and didn't, but the timing was just right this time. I saw the sign for the promo on an end cap. A quick Google search and I didn't see any lower prices, and that was it.

The M18 Fuel saw was $249 normal price, the XC8.0 battery $169 normally, free on promo. Plus I had the store credit from the Skil.

One thing that sucks is the standard M18 charger takes FOREVER to charge this battery. I see Milwaukee has a rapid charger, like Dewalt. Great, something else to buy...

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #86 on: December 28, 2019, 09:27:25 AM »
My latest

Hey Pep, are those drivers old school screw starters or awls or what? Can't really make out the details from the pick.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #87 on: December 28, 2019, 09:31:46 AM »
They do run the best promotions this time of year. I am happy with my Makita tools but one battery won't take a charge anymore and it sucks swapping around batteries when doing a job. I don't really want to get into another brand of tools.

Offline walrus

« Reply #88 on: December 28, 2019, 09:32:52 AM »
Picked these up today.

Thats a great tool and the battery makes it even better.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #89 on: December 28, 2019, 03:14:00 PM »
Pawapw, that reversible drill is outstanding! Sealed gear case filled with grease?   8)

And slipknot those roll pin punches are also pretty cool. I, too, never knew such a thing existed. I guess I've just been a backyard yokel my whole life and took out roll pins with regular punches.  :-[