Author Topic: Post all of your latest tool buys here  (Read 183088 times)

Offline hickory n Steel

Re: Post all of your latest tool buys here
« Reply #90 on: December 28, 2019, 07:55:59 PM »
Pawapw, that reversible drill is outstanding! Sealed gear case filled with grease?   8)

And slipknot those roll pin punches are also pretty cool. I, too, never knew such a thing existed. I guess I've just been a backyard yokel my whole life and took out roll pins with regular punches.  :-[
Still gotta get me some roll pin punches, was gonna get a whole set but realized I'd be better off just getting the most common sized used in the majority of vintage American multi strike airguns.
I think 5/32 , 3/16, and maybe 3/32 or so would probably do it, not 100% on those roll pin sizes though.
Gotta have them for my AG smithing tool kit.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #91 on: December 29, 2019, 12:09:21 PM »
Pawapw, that reversible drill is outstanding! Sealed gear case filled with grease?   8)

And slipknot those roll pin punches are also pretty cool. I, too, never knew such a thing existed. I guess I've just been a backyard yokel my whole life and took out roll pins with regular punches.  :-[
Still gotta get me some roll pin punches, was gonna get a whole set but realized I'd be better off just getting the most common sized used in the majority of vintage American multi strike airguns.
I think 5/32 , 3/16, and maybe 3/32 or so would probably do it, not 100% on those roll pin sizes though.
Gotta have them for my AG smithing tool kit.

Honestly I've found that roll pins aren't a necessary daily item for me. Sure, I'd love to have a removal kit for all the ones I have to take out on the occasional repair jobs that come in, but I don't use them for my normal work.

Now, an O-ring repair kit - that's a necessary item!  ;)

Offline Davethorik

« Reply #92 on: December 29, 2019, 09:08:40 PM »
I've been curious about one of these Swedish pipe wrenches since I first saw them. One thing is for sure...they will take a little bit of getting used to. Seem well-made like everything else Knipex I own. This is the 12" pair.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #93 on: December 30, 2019, 04:06:10 AM »
Snap on has pliers very similar to those.  The guys who take the time to learn how to use them love them, otherwise they hate them.  They sell fast when I get them.

Offline walrus

« Reply #94 on: December 30, 2019, 05:37:51 AM »
I've been curious about one of these Swedish pipe wrenches since I first saw them. One thing is for sure...they will take a little bit of getting used to. Seem well-made like everything else Knipex I own. This is the 12" pair.
Do they lock on like vise grips? or are they just like a pipe wrench

Offline john k

« Reply #95 on: December 30, 2019, 07:52:43 AM »
Found this tool board at the Habitat store.  Just added some adjustables for the pic.  I have dozens of Crescents and other brands but so far no Blackhawks, but hey am not too particular.  Now to find wall space in the shop.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #96 on: December 30, 2019, 08:40:54 AM »

Excellent question and I don't know about the knipex but the Snap on's don't appear to.  Just checked out the ones I have.

Here is a link  https://shop.snapon.com/product/Pliers-Wrenches/21-1-2%22-Plier-Wrench/PWZ3

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #97 on: December 30, 2019, 01:58:21 PM »
Always lookin' to learn

Offline Davethorik

« Reply #98 on: December 30, 2019, 06:44:56 PM »

They don't lock like vise grips, but they are different than a pipe wrench, because you can open them up like pliers. That was one of the things i was curious about. I'll do an update when I use them. The teeth do bite, like cobras.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #99 on: December 30, 2019, 06:54:26 PM »
I've got a pair of the Bahco pliers. once you figure out how to use them you will love them. :-*

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #100 on: December 31, 2019, 10:41:50 AM »

Those are interesting. never seen them before.
MAGA

If you can’t fix it with a hammer, it must be electrical.

Offline muddy

« Reply #101 on: January 01, 2020, 06:59:24 PM »
Bought a nailer from HF

Sent from the twisted mind of the Mudman

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #102 on: January 01, 2020, 11:25:30 PM »
Gave the Channellock #420 out of my house / go box to my uncle when we were visiting for the holiday today, so I stopped at Walmart on the way home and grabbed another #420 / #426 combo pack. Was there to grab a few groceries and some C02 cartridges so I went ahead and grabbed them.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline TexasT

• Where I can be found
« Reply #103 on: January 02, 2020, 01:09:04 PM »
Gave the Channellock #420 out of my house / go box to my uncle when we were visiting for the holiday today, so I stopped at Walmart on the way home and grabbed another #420 / #426 combo pack. Was there to grab a few groceries and some C02 cartridges so I went ahead and grabbed them.

No pix?

Couldn't pass this up at the lowe's. Missing two but I didn't care when I turned it over and saw the price.Im not a fan of chinesium craftsman but I figured for some gimme screwdrivers to hand out if someone needs to "borrow" one this is a great deal.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 01:11:35 PM by TexasT »
Rich

Offline TexasT

• Where I can be found
« Reply #104 on: January 12, 2020, 03:56:23 PM »

This chinesium is getting cheaper and has drawn me in again. These are 200 pc socket assortments. I've been looking at them at $79 but couldn't pull the trigger. But at $59 each I couldn't resist. Got one for me one for my son and one for the son in law. I'll make mine into the travel set and retire the craftsman I've carried for about thirty yrs. I hope they are half as good as the craftsman. Gonna get some $.99 rails at the harbor freight and another 50 cal ammo box and make it the carry along. Just need a couple hf ratchets.
Rich