Author Topic: Post all of your latest tool buys here  (Read 181099 times)

Offline hickory n Steel

Re: Post all of your latest tool buys here
« Reply #105 on: January 12, 2020, 10:25:32 PM »
Forgot the pictures, but I picked up two of the Wilde made Walmart / Hyper Tough automotive pry bars. I'll get pictures tomorrow.
The largest one and the smallest one, plus a set of small magnetic parts bowl things for my Airgun service kit.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline Davethorik

« Reply #106 on: January 13, 2020, 12:38:04 AM »
What sizes do they have at your Wal-Mart? The one near me only stocks 2 sizes, 14 and 18" iirc.

I bought the Masterforce brand 3 bar set at Menards, same but green handles. I bought my BIL the same set but Craftsman back when the local Sears Hardware was still open, he has beat the snot out of those, they are good bars. I myself have an older Craftsman red grip non-strike cap 24" that I've used at work for years. All Wilde. Good stuff.

Offline john k

« Reply #107 on: January 13, 2020, 11:43:15 AM »
Junk shop shopping,  saw very little that tripped my trigger, then went back and  grabbed these two SK Electrolite, and the Pennens.   Have two more Pennens  that also have paint smeared on them.  Guess I am on my way to another  collection?   Tiny Stanley plane that seems to be all Stainless,  have not searched for details on it.  This and some hardware set me back two or three dollars. 

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #108 on: January 13, 2020, 01:08:11 PM »
Junk shop shopping,  saw very little that tripped my trigger, then went back and  grabbed these two SK Electrolite, and the Pennens.   Have two more Pennens  that also have paint smeared on them.  Guess I am on my way to another  collection?   Tiny Stanley plane that seems to be all Stainless,  have not searched for details on it.  This and some hardware set me back two or three dollars.

That Penens has the depressed center section like I like on the JP Danielson Controlled Steel wrenches. Any connection?

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #109 on: January 13, 2020, 06:34:46 PM »
What sizes do they have at your Wal-Mart? The one near me only stocks 2 sizes, 14 and 18" iirc.

I bought the Masterforce brand 3 bar set at Menards, same but green handles. I bought my BIL the same set but Craftsman back when the local Sears Hardware was still open, he has beat the snot out of those, they are good bars. I myself have an older Craftsman red grip non-strike cap 24" that I've used at work for years. All Wilde. Good stuff.
They have all 4 sizes I believe.
So far I've bought the 8" and the 26".
Always lookin' to learn

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #110 on: January 13, 2020, 06:37:04 PM »
Here's the stuff I've bought the last few weeks, minus the channellocks which everyone has seen before and I don't need to picture.

Always lookin' to learn

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #111 on: January 13, 2020, 09:38:14 PM »
Those magnetic bowls are so nice for small parts when working on a project.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #112 on: January 13, 2020, 11:38:55 PM »
Those magnetic bowls are so nice for small parts when working on a project.
I've got a slightly larger one around somewhere that I got as a teenager, but I kept in on my workbench and it got so covered in metal shavings and stuff that I could not find a good way to remove and kind of stopped using it.
If I put the little round one in the garage I'll keep it in a sandwich bag.

The longer one I wanted specifically for my Airgun service kit I put together.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #113 on: January 18, 2020, 06:54:39 PM »
No pics for today because the sun's going down, but I went to the swap meet today.

Walked away with something from Vaughan , Plumb, Proto, Utica, Pexto, Bernard, Klein ,and Hapewe.
Plus a Radio Flyer wagon.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline Davethorik

« Reply #114 on: January 18, 2020, 10:03:29 PM »
A couple new additions today. I just realized I've never before bought either one new, always got by with used. Already used both, I give them an initial pass. Scooped both up at HD.

Ames True Temper ergo snow shovel, "made in USA with global components." ::) is Ames part of Stanley now??  ::)

It has a hard nylon rub strip on the bottom, not cheesy metal. I'm moving and have a Trex front deck at the new place, plus a bit of sidewalk, I won't be doing a lot of square footage with it. Should last decent.

Next up, Ridgid no. HD1200 wet/dry 12 gallon shop vac, 5 hp. Seems stronger than an older Ridgid I've used, but the handle and little wings used to store the hose seem flimsy. Im definitely registering for the lifetime warranty. This is their smallest model to offer the 2-1/2" diameter locking hose. I think it will be fine for home use.

I was also surprised to see it is made in Mexico. North America is better than China.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 10:06:17 PM by Davethorik »

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #115 on: January 18, 2020, 10:14:31 PM »
I also bought some stuff yesterday and have some stuff at the post office to pick up Monday.

I'll post yesterday's purchases and today's swap mean purchases tomorrow after work.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #116 on: January 19, 2020, 04:09:14 PM »

hosting image free

Picked up the easy sorter tray at HF on Friday.

I actually bought a nice Starrett hacksaw but I took it and traded it to my grandmother for this Klein, it was the first hacksaw I used and I logged a lot of hours behind it as a teenager so naturally I wanted it.
I know I'd eventually inherit it, but id rather have it now.

The Bernards I'm definitely happy about, wanted a pair for a long time , got them the really nice PEXTO's and the NOS Utica Dykes for $20.
The Proto Ball peen I spotted from a mile away and got it in a deal with the Hacksaw.
Can't remember what the Vaughan 999 costed, the HAPEWE auto kit pliers were $1 and the Plumb hatchet was $5.
I probably overpaid at $8 for the Stanley 50ft.

Oh and I also got a Radio Flyer wagon too, it's got a healthy layer of fresh orange rust inside but it's not rusted through or anything.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 04:18:59 PM by hickory n Steel »
Always lookin' to learn

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #117 on: January 19, 2020, 04:35:55 PM »
DN, can't beat the ridgid vac for the money.  Quiet, powerful and they last.  I see them in detail shops and they use them hard. I have 2 at the shop.  One for dry and 1 for wet.

Hickory,  hacksaw frame is a great tool.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #118 on: January 19, 2020, 05:28:39 PM »
DN, can't beat the ridgid vac for the money.  Quiet, powerful and they last.  I see them in detail shops and they use them hard. I have 2 at the shop.  One for dry and 1 for wet.

Hickory,  hacksaw frame is a great tool.
Never used another I liked as much , and that Starrett seemed like a real winner but I gladly traded.
It was an older k145 like this
Always lookin' to learn

Offline jeffmoss26

« Reply #119 on: January 19, 2020, 05:30:29 PM »
picked up a few misc items this weekend