Author Topic: Post all of your latest tool buys here  (Read 183930 times)

Offline strik9

• X
Re: Post all of your latest tool buys here
« Reply #240 on: April 20, 2020, 05:04:43 PM »
I really have been weeding out long unused tools more than buying any.  But with the heavy duty work now a couple better things were needed.  I had been avoiding buying these for years but now I have access to Wurth catalog sales again.

Two 10mm bits in 6 and 8mm at a 55% discount and still the price of a cheap brand full set.
No issues, these are the least breakable ones I have ever used.  Which is good as it looks they are clearing the 10mm bits out as fast as they can.

Online jeffmoss26

« Reply #241 on: April 20, 2020, 06:36:24 PM »
ebay find...

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #242 on: April 20, 2020, 10:08:13 PM »
I think I have a couple of pairs of those Kleins.

Offline Davethorik

« Reply #243 on: April 21, 2020, 12:42:57 AM »
^^^^^^^^^ those are pricey, $68. On Amazon

I paid 25 i dont think was too bad. I am going to use it,  actually going to bring my 4 lb Proto (Nupla) dead blow home from work. The Garland will be a better fit for my uses.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #244 on: April 21, 2020, 08:06:28 AM »
^^^^^^^^^ those are pricey, $68. On Amazon

I paid 25 i dont think was too bad. I am going to use it,  actually going to bring my 4 lb Proto (Nupla) dead blow home from work. The Garland will be a better fit for my uses.

Well that certainly is a great price!! 

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #245 on: April 21, 2020, 04:14:04 PM »
Dug a Snappy 8" long 3/8" extension form a pawnie bin yesterday. Grabbed it for a buddy of mine who's a Snap-On man. Cost me $1.

Though if he doesn't want it I can hook it up to an S-K ratchet and Bonney socket - it should protest too much!  :lol_hitting:

Online jeffmoss26

« Reply #246 on: April 21, 2020, 04:36:40 PM »

My crimpers are Cornwell, made by Channellock :)

Offline slip knot

« Reply #247 on: April 21, 2020, 06:17:28 PM »
I bought some grinder wheels and cut off discs from a new place. Benchmark Abrasives. 25 grinder disc were $25 and the cut off discs were $19. free shipping too. ordered it Thursday and it was here Monday. Haven't tried them out yet but the flap wheels I got from them a while back were pretty good.

https://benchmarkabrasives.com/
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 06:19:14 PM by slip knot »

Offline GNAP

« Reply #248 on: April 21, 2020, 06:38:15 PM »
I bought some grinder wheels and cut off discs from a new place. Benchmark Abrasives. 25 grinder disc were $25 and the cut off discs were $19. free shipping too. ordered it Thursday and it was here Monday. Haven't tried them out yet but the flap wheels I got from them a while back were pretty good.

I got some about 6 months ago, not great, but at what they cost, during the special, they an excellent buy. I normally use the Walter or Plantex wheels, both are excellent, that are trimmable, but there cost is about $4 ea
jack

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #249 on: April 23, 2020, 02:40:12 AM »

My crimpers are Cornwell, made by Channellock :)
I can see it by the number forged on the inside of the handles, screams channellock.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline muddy

« Reply #250 on: April 23, 2020, 07:11:02 PM »
Got this today for the smaller gauge wires..

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Offline bmwrd0

« Reply #251 on: April 24, 2020, 08:06:40 PM »
When I was with the phone company we worked with wire in those gauges. Used the notch on a pair of Klein snips to strip it. Works great, but someguys would use their thumbnails.

I have a pair of Klein's like that for slightly heavier gauge wire, used them today putting a new light in my basement.

Offline gtermini

• Pictures of the junk collection
« Reply #252 on: April 25, 2020, 11:44:42 AM »

I got some about 6 months ago, not great, but at what they cost, during the special, they an excellent buy. I normally use the Walter or Plantex wheels, both are excellent, that are trimmable, but there cost is about $4 ea

I'll echo this. Not great, but cost per inch of grind is pretty low. I bought a bunch during their black friday sale. My personal choice is 3m Cubitron or Green Corps. They just go and go without wearing out and cut stupid fast.

Offline Matt_T

« Reply #253 on: April 25, 2020, 01:23:24 PM »
Got this today for the smaller gauge wires..

They're nice strippers. I like 'em better than kleins. Pretty sure it's Imperial who makes them.

https://imperial-tools.com/products/super-stripper-upfront-stripperscutters/

When I was with the phone company we worked with wire in those gauges. Used the notch on a pair of Klein snips to strip it. Works great, but someguys would use their thumbnails.

You can strip telco wire with pretty much anything. Never seen anyone use those scissors  effectively on stranded wire with good insulation.

Offline Matt_T

« Reply #254 on: April 25, 2020, 01:28:06 PM »
I'll echo this. Not great, but cost per inch of grind is pretty low. I bought a bunch during their black friday sale. My personal choice is 3m Cubitron or Green Corps. They just go and go without wearing out and cut stupid fast.

What's the cutting speed like on that Benchmark stuff? IME cheap abrasives either wear fast or cut slow. Maybe not an issue for the weekend warriors, but it's easy to justify the good stuff when time is money.