Author Topic: Post all of your latest tool buys here  (Read 183924 times)

Offline hickory n Steel

Re: Post all of your latest tool buys here
« Reply #315 on: May 31, 2020, 09:59:33 PM »
I ordered some new work boots.
My current work boots are a pair of Justin conductor boots and they've been great overall but last winter before I had a boot dryer they wound up with a bit of a wet sponge kind of smell that its been hard to get rid of.
I decided it was time for a new pair of work boots, and wanted to try a pair of pull-ons so I went with a pull on Justin conductor. Because I need all black oil and slip resistant footwear the Justin conductor's are about my only choice for an American made traditional boot anyways so it wasn't a hard decision.
These one happen to be a comp safety toe because they were on sale, but I was interested anyways.
]

I think this time I'll try sno-seal on them.

Always lookin' to learn

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #316 on: June 01, 2020, 12:41:41 PM »
Never tried pull on boots.  Don't even wear work boots, I wear work shoes with safety toes as I hate having to lace up boots.  may give some pull ons a try.

Offline bmwrd0

« Reply #317 on: June 01, 2020, 12:46:23 PM »
If I am wearing boots, they are Redwing chukkas. I love the three lace low-tops. But I do with they were steel toe.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #318 on: June 01, 2020, 07:10:15 PM »
If I am wearing boots, they are Redwing chukkas. I love the three lace low-tops. But I do with they were steel toe.
If only the postman chukka was available with an oil and slip resistant sole I'd love to try them as a summer work boots
Always lookin' to learn

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #319 on: June 01, 2020, 07:16:50 PM »
Never tried pull on boots.  Don't even wear work boots, I wear work shoes with safety toes as I hate having to lace up boots.  may give some pull ons a try.
That's why I like the speed lace hooks, but I definitely wanted to try a pair of pull-ons.
I'm all about boots.
I've got work boots, casual boots , yard workin' boots, and dress boots.

Always lookin' to learn

Offline muddy

« Reply #320 on: June 01, 2020, 08:49:38 PM »
Picked up a deal on the 3/8 long reach ratchet and 2 free batteries. It's a bit bulky and a tad heavy. But it removed fasteners I thought it wouldn't.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 08:52:54 PM by muddy »

Offline Matt_T

« Reply #321 on: June 02, 2020, 09:24:17 AM »
It's a bit bulky and a tad heavy.

That's an understatement. Many tools have a built in hammer but that thing looks like a hammer with a built in ratchet :lol_hitting:

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #322 on: June 02, 2020, 01:04:17 PM »

That's an understatement. Many tools have a built in hammer but that thing looks like a hammer with a built in ratchet :lol_hitting:
Looks to me like you'd be better off it it actually were a hammer with a built in ratchet.

Btw is this thing actually a ratchet?
Can you ratchet it, or is it just an electric socket wrench ?
I'm genuinely curious.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline Matt_T

« Reply #323 on: June 02, 2020, 01:18:44 PM »
I'm genuinely curious.

Every air or battery ratchet I've used could be ratcheted manually. Comes in handy when you need more torque than the motor can provide. Though I think milwaukee say you're not supposed to do that with theirs.

Offline muddy

« Reply #324 on: June 02, 2020, 02:14:53 PM »

I'm genuinely curious.

Every air or battery ratchet I've used could be ratcheted manually. Comes in handy when you need more torque than the motor can provide. Though I think milwaukee say you're not supposed to do that with theirs.

Not sure if Milwaukee condones it or not....I'm sure if warranty is question they won't.

I do use it as stated, works just like a ratchet

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #325 on: June 02, 2020, 05:40:17 PM »

Well, don't alot of us use just about any other tool to "hammer" with? 

I think the only real use of a hammer is the wife using it as a husband alignment tool. :D

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #326 on: June 04, 2020, 08:58:23 AM »
I guess I'm a minority here.

I love hammers more than many probably think I should since I don't swing one for a living,  but as you may remember from my dark days over at the old GG I'm a bit opinionated with regards to hammers. I try my best to keep those opinions to myself these days though.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #327 on: June 09, 2020, 11:20:38 AM »
My work boots are supposed to arrive today, I can't wait to get them.

Theres nothing like putting a new pair of boots on your feet for the first time.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #328 on: June 09, 2020, 11:56:02 AM »

Theres nothing like putting a new pair of boots on your feet for the first time.

LOL --- You and I must have different ideas on work boots. I always dreaded new boots. Regardless of cost and quality, they were initially stiff and uncomfortable until they were broken in after few weeks. To each their own I guess.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #329 on: June 09, 2020, 02:04:31 PM »

LOL --- You and I must have different ideas on work boots. I always dreaded new boots. Regardless of cost and quality, they were initially stiff and uncomfortable until they were broken in after few weeks. To each their own I guess.
My current Justin's didn't take too long.

And with my thorogoods I wore them around the house for a day before going anywhere and they were good to go.
Always lookin' to learn