Author Topic: Post all of your latest tool buys here  (Read 183960 times)

Offline oldnslo

Re: Post all of your latest tool buys here
« Reply #915 on: October 29, 2022, 03:04:38 PM »
If you like to pick up Pony clamps like I do when on the cheap, you probably wouldnt pass up on this "can 'o goodies" for $2 at the local Sr community garage sale.

Score!

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #916 on: October 30, 2022, 05:57:13 AM »
If you like to pick up Pony clamps like I do when on the cheap, you probably wouldnt pass up on this "can 'o goodies" for $2 at the local Sr community garage sale.

Score!
Can't pass those up for sure.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline oldnslo

« Reply #917 on: October 30, 2022, 01:27:22 PM »
While I have long since stopped shopping at my local dirt market because I truly don't need more toolage, and am actively reviewing my duplicates and triplicates to re-assure myself that I can't take it with me in the afterlife, I did snag a few "priced too low to leave there" finds from the Sr garage sale on Saturday.

* Wagner Flexio 590 sprayer (appears to have been used lightly once) and will replace my "way to much noise, but thats how they work" older Wagner version. He begged me to take it for $10 (priced at $15)
* Bike trainer with multi resistance control - posted for $5. How could I say no? I have 2 now.
* Gaggle of Plvmb screwdrivers, some SK pliers, full set of Stanley US screwdrivers, Cman 70's hand tool box
* Cman 10" tablesaw which looks like a dogs breakfast from sitting on a back patio, but came with ALL the tools, rip fence, saw guard, owners manuals, miter slide. Priced at $7.50. Yes....I had to ask to confirm. It runs and operates just as it should.
* P/U bed style two bike rack that mounts across the rails. $3
* 2' Werner step ladder $2
* Two 8' pressure treated 4x4' (uncut) posts. Will finish my outdoor project $8 for both
* Corona telescoping saw/pruner with no blade (near new, to replace my sun faded version). I knew I had a spare blade for mine. $5
* A near lifetime supply of self adhesive 220 DA sandpaper, and several new sheets of assorted grits of wet/dry paper and a near full can of Mothers carnauba wax.
* A boxful of half consumed motor oil, ATF, JB weld, and other chems I burn through, collected all during the trip.

Thankfully I didnt take a parting glance at all the free stuff with signage, working appliances, lawn mowers, swing chairs, stereo cabinets, etc along the sidewalk.

It was a good day, and just as fun as I motored around, dodging my elders in their both jacked up, and stock golf carts.

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #918 on: October 30, 2022, 06:09:47 PM »
WOW, now that was a haul!
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline jeffmoss26

« Reply #919 on: October 30, 2022, 06:50:27 PM »
got em!

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #920 on: October 30, 2022, 07:37:52 PM »
 :bravo_2: :08:

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #921 on: October 31, 2022, 07:36:45 AM »
Darn OnS, that is one serious haul, especially for a guy that doesn't need anything :))

I just love picking up materials for a project on the cheap that I know I am going to need

Offline torqueman2002

« Reply #922 on: October 31, 2022, 10:30:42 AM »
Thanks for the heads-up!

I love buying tools that I didn't know I needed. Even better, I bought 2 sets!  :D

AZ will deliver today. That still amazes me.

The 2nd set is for my brother, who I will be visiting tomorrow.
 :coffee2:
"I got to show the young boys how not to do it. I haven't showed them everything not to do, yet. It's a big job!" - Otto Kilcher

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #923 on: October 31, 2022, 11:36:37 AM »
The more I use that " complex probe " the more I like it, the shape is so darn versatile.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #924 on: November 04, 2022, 05:07:15 PM »
I thought their cordless jigsaw would be good enough for quick jobs when I don't want to get out the reliable old  slillsaw,  but I was wrong.
The Ryobi cordless jigsaw is worthless ( maybe they have a better HP model ? ),  theres so much play in the spring loaded arm for the roller that the blade is constantly jumping off and won't cut straight for shit.

This cordless circ-saw is what I should have bought in the first place.
It's relatively lightweight,  quiet, and seems to cut perfectly fine.

They were out of the 5.5" blade model that I wanted, but the 6.5" is probably the better buy anyways.

Always lookin' to learn

Offline muddy

« Reply #925 on: November 08, 2022, 06:31:47 PM »
Picked up this workbench at an auction for $20.

I've been looking for a Stanley workmate for a while. But everyone I see seems a bit too flimsy.

This Craftsman "professional" seems very solid. The front work surface moves forward and backwards with the cranks. But I like that the rear table can be tightened with the pedals that way you don't need free hands to tighten the project.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #926 on: November 09, 2022, 08:53:47 PM »
Picked up this workbench at an auction for $20.

I've been looking for a Stanley workmate for a while. But everyone I see seems a bit too flimsy.

This Craftsman "professional" seems very solid. The front work surface moves forward and backwards with the cranks. But I like that the rear table can be tightened with the pedals that way you don't need free hands to tighten the project.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
That one certainly looks to have a lot of handl features.

You gotta look for the older B&D workmate if you want one, I believe mine is an early 90's model, still heavy and solid but not as good as the earlier ones I'm sure.

This reminds me that I gotta buy or make some new dogs for mine since I've lost them all.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline Elroy

« Reply #927 on: November 09, 2022, 09:29:07 PM »
Elroy's early Christmas present to himself   :-*

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #928 on: November 10, 2022, 07:38:20 AM »
Boy, Elroy is really fond of himself :))

Nice gift

Offline slip knot

« Reply #929 on: November 10, 2022, 11:42:08 AM »
That Elroy has good taste. Sweet gift 👍👍