Author Topic: Post all of your latest tool buys here  (Read 183924 times)

Offline Crispycritter

Re: Post all of your latest tool buys here
« Reply #1020 on: February 16, 2023, 07:24:14 PM »
Got these off the bay metric stubby offset double box ends proamerica made in usa 6mm to 20mm 35 delivered to my door
Those will come in handy!

Sent from my Twisted Mind Of The Mudman
i could have used them a few times today to bad mail dont come till after i leave....

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1021 on: February 17, 2023, 08:33:20 AM »
i would not be surprised if those were made by indestro
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #1022 on: February 17, 2023, 08:56:23 AM »
i would not be surprised if those were made by indestro
thats what i think too

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #1023 on: February 17, 2023, 01:24:43 PM »
So my dads been a tech 40yrs and always bought the deals on truck we went thru his home box last night and he didnt want these he said he only used them twice so for 150 their mine he said he paid. Like 200 for them on sale yrs ago.. I see they now list for 309

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #1024 on: February 17, 2023, 03:23:03 PM »
Got these off the bay metric stubby offset double box ends proamerica made in usa 6mm to 20mm 35 delivered to my door
I've got a couple sets of Proamerica wrenches and they're great tools.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #1025 on: February 17, 2023, 03:28:49 PM »

They're calling these a linesman and I suppose to most in the US they probably would be.

I know that they're technically combination pliers though.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #1026 on: February 17, 2023, 05:54:18 PM »
Vaughan 8 and 16oz ball pein bonney20mm impact socket some wilde close out screwdrivers that grown on me from epsteins...

Then this cornwell infrared thermometer i haggled down to 25. Was marked 29 plus tax.

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #1027 on: February 17, 2023, 06:04:02 PM »

They're calling these a linesman and I suppose to most in the US they probably would be.

I know that they're technically combination pliers though.
i have a pair of knipex i use alot cutting and pulling out rusty split pins on equipment

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #1028 on: February 17, 2023, 06:26:18 PM »
Vaughan 8 and 16oz ball pein bonney20mm impact socket some wilde close out screwdrivers that grown on me from epsteins...

Then this cornwell infrared thermometer i haggled down to 25. Was marked 29 plus tax.
Does the red cap on your #2 come off / spin ?
Mine does and the handle is hollow, I suspect maybe they accidentally made it with a bit driver handle or something,but I'm not sure.

Btw if you're ever looking to save on the excellent Vaughan & Bushnell hammers check out the Grayvik stuff.
They sell off the cosmetic defects dirt cheap as Grayvik, same great steel but the whole heads are powder coated without much finish done to the faces.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #1029 on: February 17, 2023, 06:52:50 PM »

Mine does and the handle is hollow, I suspect maybe they accidentally made it with a bit driver handle or something,but I'm not sure.

Btw if you're ever looking to save on the excellent Vaughan & Bushnell hammers check out the Grayvik stuff.
They sell off the cosmetic defects dirt cheap as Grayvik, same great steel but the whole heads are powder coated without much finish done to the faces.
i cant get it to come off. . ill check out grayvik

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #1030 on: February 17, 2023, 07:14:27 PM »

i cant get it to come off. . ill check out grayvik
Interesting,  I guess mine was a fluke.

HJE has excellent prices on Grayvik.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #1031 on: February 18, 2023, 11:28:34 AM »
Here's a tool (related) item I've been looking for - for at least 4 years now. It's a foam hex bit holder I first used on my Makita drill in the early 90's. A big problem back in the day was where to keep extra bits. You'd break one or lose one eventually, and usually at the most inopportune time. Most guys just keep loose ones in the pocket. Too much hassle. We didn't have the myriad of options for hex bit holders like we do today. So, when I came across this holder that could be attached to the drill, I jumped at it.

Really high density foam, with 4 holes. And the Makita 9.6 drills had that extra long handle? Had plenty of room to adhere the holder to the bottom, and it didn't interfere with grabbing the drill. Used it for a couple years - it never came loose off of the drill, and I never once lost a bit. I then went back to corded drills, so I lost track of them

Fast forward to now, when I've been grabbing alot of old Makita stuff. Thought of that foam holder, and started searching. Come to find out the maker Lutz discontinued them around 2017. But I talked to Lutz directly, and the lady said I might find some forgotten in a distributor warehouse or something. I looked back then - every link said NLA
Last week I saw a neat bit holder, and it brought this foam holder back to mind. For some reason I started web searching again. And after popping around I found a local appliance parts warehouse carried them! Went in, and they didn't have any left. But a sister store in California showed some in stock. I called them, and had them shipped to my local warehouse for free.
They came in yesterday! Hats off to my dad, who has been gone 20 years now. He once told me that - if I wanted something - keep my eyes open, keep looking, don't give up. Eventually he said, you'll find what you're looking for for a price your willing to pay. And he was right - AGAIN!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2023, 11:30:51 AM by bonneyman »

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #1032 on: February 18, 2023, 07:38:10 PM »
Cool idea, glad you were able to track it down.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #1033 on: February 19, 2023, 05:57:59 PM »
Went to menards and bought some goodies

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #1034 on: February 19, 2023, 08:25:35 PM »
Good buy on the Wilde punches, I use my roll pin punches all the time.
Always lookin' to learn