Author Topic: New governor and AG announce priorities  (Read 11016 times)

Offline DeadNutz

New governor and AG announce priorities
« on: December 18, 2018, 11:08:26 AM »
Our new incoming state officials have announced they plan on "common sense" gun laws and it is a priority. The new AG also said he is going to look for a way to implement the background check law passed 2 years ago by voters. Our current AG said the law was flawed because it specified the FBI was to conduct the background checks but the authors of the law never bothered to check with the FBI if they would conduct them which they won't.

With a Democrat controlled legislature and governor and AG we are going to have a fight on our hands. They have no respect for the 2nd Amendment. >:(

Offline gtermini

• Pictures of the junk collection
Re: New governor and AG announce priorities
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 12:01:59 PM »
I feel your pain. Oregon is slipping currently as well. Now with a supermajority, they can do whatever they please without a vote by the people (which was fukd anyways because PDX controlled that). It's gone beyond ignoring rights, to an active attack on them. I don't see a clean end to this now.

Latest is "safe storage" You can own them, but not use them. Unenforceable without unwarranted searches. Next will be a registry. https://www.oregonlive.com/politics/2018/12/oregon-lawmakers-plan-to-introduce-gun-storage-bill-in-2019.html

Greyson

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 01:43:57 PM »
He, we're all there with you. Nancy Piglosi just said their first priority when they get power in 2019 is pushing through "common sense" gun control.

Those nimrods wouldn't know common sense if it hit them on the head like a baseball bat.

Offline ken w.

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 02:09:38 PM »
Welcome to my world in N.Y.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2018, 02:12:30 PM »
I feel for you guys in liberal land.

Pot is (or will be) legal but constitutionally-protected guns are illegal.  :-[

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2018, 02:18:17 PM »
We didn't used to be liberal land but this last election changed that. Clark County which is Vegas, and Washoe County which is Reno, makes up the largest population in the state and overwhelmed the rest of the state which voted 2/3rds red. 

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2018, 02:27:23 PM »
We didn't used to be liberal land but this last election changed that. Clark County which is Vegas, and Washoe County which is Reno, makes up the largest population in the state and overwhelmed the rest of the state which voted 2/3rds red. 

.......because many of the folks who live there now are probably expats from California or some other liberal west-coast state. They spread like locusts and invade other states, and bring their crazy looser political, social, and economic ideas with them. The irony always is that they want to get away from their sanctuary tax and spend states, and yet they vote "yes" on the same policies in their new home states.

Offline gtermini

• Pictures of the junk collection
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2018, 02:27:59 PM »

Yep. It sucks when a bunch of freshly moved-in city slickers decide what is "right" for everybody.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2018, 02:37:41 PM »

.......because many of the folks who live there now are probably expats from California or some other liberal west-coast state. They spread like locusts and invade other states, and bring their crazy looser political, social, and economic ideas with them. The irony always is that they want to get away from their sanctuary tax and spend states, and yet they vote "yes" on the same policies in their new home states.

Yep, you nailed it!   >:(

Offline kwoswalt99

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2018, 02:46:17 PM »

Which guns are constitutionaly protected and which aren’t?

Offline stokester

• Air-cooled!
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2018, 03:06:55 PM »
He, we're all there with you. Nancy Piglosi just said their first priority when they get power in 2019 is pushing through "common sense" gun control.

Those nimrods wouldn't know common sense if it hit them on the head like a baseball bat.

The phrase "common sense" seems to be the talking point these days.  I guess the inference is that if you don't agree you don't have any.

My esteemed Senator Mark Warner answered my questions about his new initiative on "gun violence" with the phrase "common sense" although I specifically asked him to define the term and tell me what statistical evidence showed that banning "assault weapons" the last time did to gun violence.  My question went unanswered in the boilerplate gun control response.

Like many states, Virginia politics has been taken over by the growth of the urban, and in our case, D.C. area.
Nick
Yorktown, VA

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2018, 03:17:48 PM »

The phrase "common sense" seems to be the talking point these days.  I guess the inference is that if you don't agree you don't have any.

My esteemed Senator Mark Warner answered my questions about his new initiative on "gun violence" with the phrase "common sense" although I specifically asked him to define the term and tell me what statistical evidence showed that banning "assault weapons" the last time did to gun violence.  My question went unanswered in the boilerplate gun control response.

Like many states, Virginia politics has been taken over by the growth of the urban, and in our case, D.C. area.

You have it right. It's the Northern Virginia cooks that have been slowly turning this state blue. Federal and state employees will sell this country out to protect their corrupt DC Beltway Bandit and Federal/State Bureaucracy.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2018, 05:47:59 PM »

I think the right to bear arms and shall not be infringed explains which guns are protected. There is nothing in the constitution about banning scary looking guns. But I will say if you take advantage of laws which allow possession and consumption of pot you will do best to not carry a weapon while in possession of any pot products.

Federal laws still apply to pot and a pilot is fighting to keep his pilot certificate after making an emergency landing in KS and it was found that his wife had 3 protein bars that were infused with THC in her briefcase onboard their plane.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2018, 06:08:12 PM »

Firearms are constitutionally protected - ALL firearms. The Second Ammendment didn't specify any restrictions. (In fact, a simple reading of it states that there are NO restrictions at all). It's liberal interpretations, an overreaching judiciary, and sad to say ignorance or laziness on the part of the average American citizen that has allowed illegal restrictions.

New Jersey is now front and center with their 10-round mag limit law. Police are saying they may go door-to-door confiscating these now illegal devices - which were legally obtained by law abiding citizens. And they will shoot anyone who resists.
No grandfathering, anti-Constitutional action by the state. It remains to be seen how many law enforcement officers take part in this unlawful decree - and how many die as a result of resistance.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2018, 06:12:59 PM »

I think the right to bear arms and shall not be infringed explains which guns are protected. There is nothing in the constitution about banning scary looking guns. But I will say if you take advantage of laws which allow possession and consumption of pot you will do best to not carry a weapon while in possession of any pot products.

Federal laws still apply to pot and a pilot is fighting to keep his pilot certificate after making an emergency landing in KS and it was found that his wife had 3 protein bars that were infused with THC in her briefcase onboard their plane.

Still waiting for the feds to step in and upend all the legislation around the country with their marijuana laws. But ain't holding my breath with all the Lefty pot lovers and wussy RINO's with no backbones.

Offline Matt_T

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2018, 09:18:43 PM »

What part of the constitution authorizes federal prohibition of pot?

The ones suitable for use as weapons (Arms) are constitutionally protected.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2018, 08:02:29 AM »
^^^ Please don't feed the troll

Knoswalt adds nothing to conversation
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 08:04:03 AM by fatfillup »

Offline kwoswalt99

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2018, 08:07:25 AM »

Hey I don’t troll here just at the other site.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2018, 11:20:01 AM »

What part of the constitution authorizes federal prohibition of pot?

The Constitution doesn't "authorize" federal prohibition power. It prohibits government overreach against guaranteed rights (among other things).
Because cannibis isn't an inalienable right, the federal government can restrict it if they so desire. Which they have. Rightly so, in my opinion.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2018, 11:21:03 AM »

When I think of a troll, I picture a Danny DeVito-looking character. Do you look like Danny D?  ;D

Offline kwoswalt99

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2018, 03:35:43 PM »

When I think of a troll, I picture a Danny DeVito-looking character. Do you look like Danny D?  ;D

Nah I’ve been told I look like mark zuckerberg.

Offline ken w.

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2018, 08:20:33 PM »
What other site ?

Offline kwoswalt99

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2018, 07:07:32 AM »
Channel 3.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2018, 09:33:25 AM »
Isn't that where Elvira hangs out?  :D