Author Topic: Time for the wall  (Read 35297 times)

Offline bonneyman

Re: Time for the wall
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2019, 07:26:52 PM »
I have a sneaking suspicion that Trumps palying the game here. give in to get everyone back to the bargaining table and in 3 weeks when nothing has changed he will call a state of emergency.

he seems to out maneuver these dimwit politicians every time. its a game to him.

If he calls a state of emergency the Dems already have a dozen sleazy liberal judges lined up who will put a stay on it. Tie it up in court till Trump is out of office. Even if he gets a company to start building, the sanctuary states and towns will stonewall the construction. I feel that Trump caved and that's it. All because he wanted to see the Superbowl!  :P

Well, we'll see.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2019, 10:58:41 PM »
Trump wanted to see the fed employees get their pay while the dems don't care how much they suffer. We'll see what happens in 3 weeks and take it from there.

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2019, 12:36:30 AM »
Trump should've been patient.  Democrats would've come around soon, the pressure would've gotten unbearable on them.  People are already convinced Trump is crazy so they would've screamed for Dems to give in and give him his (our) wall.  Instead he gave up too much leverage.  I think he screwed the pooch.
boop/bop/beep

Offline walrus

« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2019, 04:56:19 AM »
I have a sneaking suspicion that Trumps palying the game here. give in to get everyone back to the bargaining table and in 3 weeks when nothing has changed he will call a state of emergency.

he seems to out maneuver these dimwit politicians every time. its a game to him.
He calls a state of emergency and whats going to stop a Dem president from doing the same thing on whatever they want to call a state of emergency?

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2019, 06:15:56 AM »

He calls a state of emergency and whats going to stop a Dem president from doing the same thing on whatever they want to call a state of emergency?

Nothing.  But what might it be?   

We need to tear down the wall because we need more drugs on the streets?
We need to let more wetbacks in to rob and kill our citizens?
We need higher taxes because to many people are working?
MAGA

If you can’t fix it with a hammer, it must be electrical.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2019, 09:30:32 AM »

That's true, and one of the things that concerns me when Trump talks about it. But:
a) Lots of presidents have declared states of emergency in the past 50 years, and I heard that 31 of them are still in effect. From my limited knowledge of the SoE's they tend to be permanent. At least with one on a border wall that would be a good thing IMO to be permanent.
b) The argument that if you do it the Dems will do it doesn't was. Speaker Frisk considered the nuclear option in 2006, with Minority Leader harry Reid decrying it as undemocratic and unfair to the minority party. Then Reid turned right around and employed the nuclear option in 2013 when they were in charge(and still has no regrets, even on his deathbed). When the RINO's pulled it last year for the Scotus nominations the Dems again screamed foul. So, no matter what Trump does or doesn't do, the liberals hacks will do WHATEVER they want to get their agenda.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2019, 10:27:06 AM »

Nothing, didn't Obama set the precedent of "I got a pen". I'm thinking Trumps gonna do the same thing. He's got the ACOE and the navy Seabees and they got a budget, just reassign them to the wall. As I said he seems to regularly have the dems out maneuvered. I don't really care what he does as long as he builds the wall.

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2019, 10:06:48 PM »

Nothing, didn't Obama set the precedent of "I got a pen".

"...and a phone!"  :))
boop/bop/beep

Offline walrus

« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2019, 07:13:55 AM »

Nothing, didn't Obama set the precedent of "I got a pen". I'm thinking Trumps gonna do the same thing. He's got the ACOE and the navy Seabees and they got a budget, just reassign them to the wall. As I said he seems to regularly have the dems out maneuvered. I don't really care what he does as long as he builds the wall.
An executive order and state of emergency are pretty different .  I suppose they both go around congress. I don't see where Trump has out maneuvered the Dems since they regained majority in house. No doubt Trump blinked once Air Traffic control got sick of being forced to work without pay. We will see in a few weeks.

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2019, 07:51:23 AM »
Smart move for President Trump, getting the fed employee the back to work . So they can get some cash and maybe if the ass hats move fast enough get the back pay. Easing their financial situation they have been forced into. And who's fault is that, ..... NOT his ....

This window is only open for a couple of weeks, then door in locked once more.  This is tuff love being exacerbated by children wanting to have their own way ,,, and the country and its citizens be damn.

After all they have  walls around the homes and a BF pile of your $$$$, all's good for them ........ what about yOU?

Folks I know are not complaining and do not see the move as a cave, only the clowns doing the happy dance, think they have won something

President Trump wants to win the war, and I stand with him for that.

Now back to the window clean up and upgrade on the 34
Pep
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 07:54:54 AM by pep »
1776 ................... what happened!