Author Topic: Tesla's problems continue  (Read 11638 times)

Offline bonneyman

Tesla's problems continue
« on: November 18, 2018, 03:44:06 PM »
Always thought Tesla was a scam. Just something about Elon Musk and his nervous energy and he can't sit still, always coming up with new weird things to grab attention. After coming up with paypal I thought his new ideas just get more and more outlandish - especially when the latest "idea" gets announced right after some bad news regarding Tesla comes out.  :-[(Although it seems like SpaceX is finally starting to pan out. Gotta give credit where credit is due.)

Anyways, Tesla cars have been having as many problems as the new F-35 fighter   :D  and I didn't think it would ever get actually delivered. Well, there's the slowed/missed delivery dates, battery issues, revenue problems, rear bumpers falling off  - not to mention the things catching on fire - now I read that the doors are having trouble opening. Especially in the cold.

Now that it's winter - and the cars are actually being delivered - owners are finding the door switches and mechanism aren't working well. And it's not even REALLY cold yet! What a deal to have the internal heaters on all night to keep the car warm, then out you go to get off to work and the door won't open. Geez! Maybe Musk should add one of his flame throwers as a mandatory option or something?  :))
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 06:54:34 PM by bonneyman »

Offline bonneyman

Re: Tesla's problems continue
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 03:47:26 PM »
Yeah, like I'm gonna trust that not-a-flame-thrower flame thrower, the hyperlink subway tunnel (in earthquake prone California), and the one-way   :-[   mission to Mars.
Though the Mars mission could prove a life saver: we could just put all the wacko politicians on it, and let them socialize the little green men. :)  Hopefully it won't have the birthing pains like SpaceX.

Wonder what crazy idea is next?

Offline walrus

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 04:21:13 PM »
Like the big 3 never have issues

Offline slip knot

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 04:35:42 PM »
I got a notification on the new Aluma duty. Seems they have an issue when its cold with the doors not opening. I don't plan on taking it in for that. if it gets that cold down here I don't plan on driving anywhere anyways.  ;D

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2018, 05:41:26 PM »
Like the big 3 never have issues

You mean Honda, Toyota and Nissan?  :))
boop/bop/beep

Offline Rusty

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 05:13:20 AM »
Every time it got cold the plastic door handles on my Silverado would shatter when you pulled on them.
"Those wars are unjust which are undertaken without provocation.
 For only a war waged for revenge or defense can be just"

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2018, 08:54:33 AM »
Heck, I'm trying to DIY fix on the rear door handle of my 04 Astrovan. Stupid pot metal/plastic design snapped off and I don't even want to ask how much Chevy wants for a new one.

And it wasn't even cold.  :-\

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2018, 10:06:51 AM »
All Musk or Bezos have to do is announce they are looking for a new location and the politicians get all glassy eyed and fall all over themselves offering tax breaks to lure them to their city/state. Tesla claimed their Gigaplant outside Reno would bring thousands of high paying manufacturing jobs. The positions would pay a wage of $25/hr and up. The reality is it is an assembly plant with $12-13/hr jobs.

After giving the billions in tax breaks the politicians then need to devise new taxes to hit us with.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2018, 11:27:19 AM »
Yeah -speaking of Bezos, DC traffic is going to be maddening once they get that HQ up and running. The current Crystal City location around the Pentagon is already one of the most congested traffic corridors in the DC area, and in the entire state of Virginia for that matter. Top that off with the immediate real estate investment frenzy that started the minute the deal was announced, and you have a colossal greed fueled speculative market in an already congested and overpriced Arlington County VA. People with moderate incomes will not be able to work and live in that part of the county anymore.

It's been slightly over a week since the announcement, and prices for apartment rentals, condos, and single family homes are skyrocketing. Everybody wants a piece of the Amazon $$$ action. I can't wait to sell in two years and get the heck out of Dodge.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 11:29:52 AM by goodfellow »

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2018, 11:45:53 AM »
Goodfellow, I was so happy to find out Amazon wasn't coming here to Atlanta! Last thing we need is more Millenial liberal sh/theads coming here to tell us how to live our lives and clogging up our roads with their Smart cars and Priuses.
boop/bop/beep

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2018, 11:55:49 AM »
elon musk?

related to howard hughes by any chance?

any day i fully expect he will self destruct .
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline Papaw

• Old Wrench Freak
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2018, 12:30:29 PM »
I know a guy who just landed a job with Tesla in Reno. I hope he does well.
Owner and Administrator of Tool Talk

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2018, 01:20:42 PM »
Heck, I'm trying to DIY fix on the rear door handle of my 04 Astrovan. Stupid pot metal/plastic design snapped off and I don't even want to ask how much Chevy wants for a new one.

And it wasn't even cold.  :-\

That part may not be as expensive as you think and it may well be available at Napa.  Check on line also

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2018, 01:23:54 PM »
Yeah -speaking of Bezos, DC traffic is going to be maddening once they get that HQ up and running.

Like it isn't already :-[

And you likely will jump tens of thousands of $'s in equity in your home when it comes time to sell and since you were planning on getting out anyway, I would say timing is great for you 8)

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2018, 01:32:09 PM »
Yeah -speaking of Bezos, DC traffic is going to be maddening once they get that HQ up and running.

Like it isn't already :-[

And you likely will jump tens of thousands of $'s in equity in your home when it comes time to sell and since you were planning on getting out anyway, I would say timing is great for you 8)

Yeah -- but you know the drill with the local government. With this Amazon move they will likely assess our property values upward for next year in order to generate more property taxes. I live in a nice modest 2600sf Colonial on 1/2 acre, and I paid $8K in property taxes this year. I'm expecting the worst for FY 2019 and 2020. My friend just retired to Alabama and he bought a 4000sf retirement mansion on a golf course, and only pays $3200/yr.