Author Topic: When it rains it just swamps -- Highlander HP P/S hose  (Read 2685 times)

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
When it rains it just swamps -- Highlander HP P/S hose
« on: June 20, 2020, 11:14:13 AM »
Daughter said that her belts were worn and squealing on her '05 Highlander. No big deal, let's just take a look and see what we can do. Wasn't into the job five minutes and the PS pump area is soaked in oil and dripping on the belt - making it squeal.

Looks like the high pressure PS hose; which on these Highlanders with the 3.3 V6 is a HUGE pain to replace. It runs from the driver's side steering rack behind the engine along the fire wall and into the PS pump on the front of the motor (passenger side).

It's a hybrid steel and rubber line that is fastened to the back of the engine and requires the removal of the windshield wiper cowl, possibly the wiper transmission, and the intake manifold. What a job -- time to call Rock Auto and get the parts.

What a week it's been with cars --  :25:

Offline DeadNutz

Re: When it rains it just swamps -- Highlander HP P/S hose
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2020, 01:00:17 PM »
Sounds like a heck of a job. Nothing like when I would work on my old 55 Ford p/u with the straight 6. I could sit in the engine compartment to wrench on things.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2020, 01:14:19 PM »
Yikes! Too bad I'm not closer to ya Ray I'd offer to come over and help you. Not that I can do much these days but we'd sure laugh alot!  :lol_hitting:

Offline muddy

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2020, 07:33:49 PM »
Yikes! Too bad I'm not closer to ya Ray I'd offer to come over and help you. Not that I can do much these days but we'd sure laugh alot!  _hitting:
I'd help too, but the number of empty beers cans lying around wouldn't make misses GF happy :))

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2020, 02:04:53 PM »
Yikes! Too bad I'm not closer to ya Ray I'd offer to come over and help you. Not that I can do much these days but we'd sure laugh alot!  _hitting:
I'd help too, but the number of empty beers cans lying around wouldn't make misses GF happy :))

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Well, at least we could smoke cigars and entertain each other while working -- LOL