TOOLS AND THE SHOP > GUNSMITHING/ KNIFEMAKING

Remington 870 Tactical Build

(1/4) > >>

Conductor562:
Thought I’d share a couple pics of the 870 JR. and I finished recently. I’m partial to shotguns and just wanted something to have fun with, Evan if it is a little over the top.

We started with a basic 870 Tactical and added a Volquartsen Non-Mim Extractor, Blackhawk/Knoxx Gen 3 stock and foregrip, Aimtech Warhammer Gen 2 rail, Police grade carrier latch spring, Phase 5 tactical follower, and See-All Tritium Night Sight (Delta Model).

It’s a little chunky, but it’s a hell of a lot of fun to shoot and when I open the safe it’s the first gun that grabs everyone’s attention. Most of the components were picked up on Cyber Monday which saved me about $150.

Conductor562:
Continued

Conductor562:
The See-All sight turned out to be pretty sweet for a shotgun build. It’s low profile, offers quick target acquisition, offers unlimited eye relief and is parallax free, provides decent low light performance, requires no batteries so there’s no buttons to fool with in a pinch, and it can be windage/elevation adjusted if you want to set it up as a slug gun. Tip of the triangle is the point of aim on the Delta model, but there is a 3 line crosshair version as well.

I was a little nervous about straying from the norm, but I’m glad I did. It’s not for every build, but it worked out awesome on this one. It’s unique and really turned out to be the cherry on top IMO.

Elroy:
Elroy wishes to see more gun builds. Step up there guys

Conductor562:
I should have gotten some pictures along the way, but really wasn’t thinking about making a thread of it at the time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version