Author Topic: chinese floor jack  (Read 11707 times)

Offline slip knot

chinese floor jack
« on: November 19, 2018, 07:20:44 PM »
Went out the other day and noticed this!!! >:( >:( Damned Chinamese floor jack took a pee on my shop floor >:( >:( 

I've only had this thing since the late 80s its still like brand new. Them Chinamese don't know how to build anything to last... I bet they don't even make a kit to rebuild it either.  >:(

:D

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: chinese floor jack
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 07:34:11 PM »
Former member Hiball was an expert at rebuilding floor jacks -- especially the import models. His rebuild tutorial on the Garage Journal site is still very helpful. I rebuilt mine using his very informative post.

https://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51105

That said, the new imports from HF are a cut above what was imported just 10 years ago, and they're relatively inexpensive; so it may make sense to just buy new model.

Good luck!!

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 08:11:41 PM »
Former member Hiball was an expert at rebuilding floor jacks -- especially the import models. His rebuild tutorial on the Garage Journal site is still very helpful. I rebuilt mine using his very informative post.

https://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51105

That said, the new imports from HF are a cut above what was imported just 10 years ago, and they're relatively inexpensive; so it may make sense to just buy new model.

Good luck!!

I agree with this comment. In my opinion an import jack is not worth the amount of work it takes to rebuild one. Now if that was an old Blackhawk, Walker or Hein Warner then it would be worth the work it takes. Were it me I would just replace it.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline slip knot

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 08:43:56 PM »
I'll probably pick up a new one. For me its not so much the labor as finding a kit. I have a import portapower that's junk, cant find the parts to repair it.

This jack has held up very well all things considered. I know it was in 2 different floods, still got the mud on it. I've used to lift tractors well over the 3ton load limit. but just all a sudden it starts leaking. worked fine when I used a couple weeks ago. now she be dripping.

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2018, 10:45:51 PM »
I'll probably pick up a new one. For me its not so much the labor as finding a kit. I have a import portapower that's junk, cant find the parts to repair it.

This jack has held up very well all things considered. I know it was in 2 different floods, still got the mud on it. I've used to lift tractors well over the 3ton load limit. but just all a sudden it starts leaking. worked fine when I used a couple weeks ago. now she be dripping.

Sounds like it has the CLAP ........... ROFLMAO !

Pep
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline highland512

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 07:14:35 AM »
After thirty years I would think you would have had your jack potty trained  :D

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2018, 09:45:01 AM »
just marking it's territory........
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline slip knot

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2018, 03:59:31 PM »
You guys are sooo funny :P

That things quite heavy, as soon as scrap prices go up it'll be headed back to china, Probably come back as two Kias. ;D

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2018, 06:09:51 PM »
That jack must be related to my pallet jack. It started leaking several months ago but at least I have a bag of spare parts and paperwork with exploded views to help.

Offline muddy

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2018, 09:26:33 PM »
just marking it's territory........
It's like an old John Deere! :))

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2018, 08:00:38 AM »
That jack must be related to my pallet jack. It started leaking several months ago but at least I have a bag of spare parts and paperwork with exploded views to help.

I lucked out on my pallet jack.  The seal at the top was puking oil.  Bought a rebuild kit but really didn't want to take the cylinder apart.  Replaced the top seal and all is well.  Have lots of parts left over if it quits working