Author Topic: An amazing NOS Craftsman tool haul.  (Read 96 times)

Offline hickory n Steel

An amazing NOS Craftsman tool haul.
« on: March 23, 2024, 09:06:57 PM »
He spent a lot of money on this stuff, but he does sell on Ebay so I guess it makes sense.

He found so much good stuff it was split into 3 videos.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: An amazing NOS Craftsman tool haul.
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2024, 08:46:44 AM »
That's quite a haul, and makes me feel nostalgic about Sears. What a great retailer Sears once was. My childhood home wasn't close to a Sears back in the day, but Montgomery Ward was within reach (another great retailer). Over the decades I shopped mostly at Sears for tools and feel damn lucky to still have most all of them.

Like many on the GG, I couldn't afford tool truck prices, but steadily saved some $$ and eventually could purchase quality Craftsman tools. All those auction lots are "gold" for tool collectors these days.

Offline john k

Re: An amazing NOS Craftsman tool haul.
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2024, 01:11:36 PM »
I can sort of see buying a bunch with the hope of making a little or a lot of profit.  Still a chunk of change to tie up for a maybe.  As a collector/user I get more enjoyment finding things one at a time, like yesterday, was in a here to fore  unknown junk shop, got a chrome combo end wrench, Wizard, from the now gone Western Auto store.  Had one in town when I was a teen, couldnt buy much, but enjoyed looking at their tools.  Same series as the other five Wizards I own.