Author Topic: New (to me) welders  (Read 2581 times)

Offline DeadNutz

New (to me) welders
« on: January 25, 2020, 06:11:59 PM »
Here are the welders my sister gave to me several days ago.
First is the Lincoln tombstone that has seen plenty of use. I cleaned it up this afternoon and it looks better than it did.
Next is the HF Mig welder which also has a small argon bottle on the back of the cart.

Offline slip knot

Re: New (to me) welders
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2020, 09:06:01 PM »
the old Lincoln is all but bulletproof. Mines been flooded twice and other than the cooling fan I haven't replace anything.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2020, 09:28:20 PM »
the old Lincoln is all but bulletproof. Mines been flooded twice and other than the cooling fan I haven't replace anything.

Agreed! I've rebuilt mine once and repainted it twice -- 44 year later and it keeps on tickin'

Offline highland512

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 08:28:45 AM »
I seen a tombstone get dropped off the back of a pickup, flooded, ran with a generator, and lived in an open shop that still runs. They are made from unbreakium.

Offline gtermini

• Pictures of the junk collection
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2020, 12:08:09 PM »
I got a linc coffin box like that for xmas when I was 13. Made me happier than a hog in slop. I probably wouldn't know how to weld or have any interest in it now if not for that thing. I think there's about nothing that couldn't be fixed or built with one. I ran probably 50 lbs of 6011 farmer rod on mine before I graduated to a wire feed.

I've heard people say decent things about the dual mig 151's. I guess they run .030 fluxcore on the 2nd from the highest setting pretty sweet. The duty cycle whips your butt though. With shielding gas and .023 hard wire, it might be just the ticket for sheet metal.