Author Topic: Some Tie-wanaroonie 3-apes drive Flex Sockets  (Read 8356 times)

Offline hofferwood

• It's all good
Some Tie-wanaroonie 3-apes drive Flex Sockets
« on: December 31, 2018, 02:31:23 PM »
I had $28.00 or so cash back on my Amazon visa, so--------I picked these up. Yeah I had to add another 21 bux to the total, but-------I needed them.  I'd rather have 'merican made, but----------I'm poor. :(

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000V5EG8G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We just got done doing an engine swap on my brother's 2004 Grand Cherokee, without them----pain in the arse. If you do just a motor, or just a trans removal, these make life so much easier.

If it aint broke----fix it till it is-----there's nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.

Online goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: Some Tie-wanaroonie 3-apes drive Flex Sockets
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 02:34:12 PM »
Pretty darn good price Chuck; they're definitely good quality. Tool truck price would probably be in the multiple hundreds.

Offline hofferwood

• It's all good
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 02:40:35 PM »
Thanks Ray, and as often as they're used, it's tough to pay the big bucks.
And they do have lifetime guarantee.
If it aint broke----fix it till it is-----there's nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2018, 06:57:25 PM »
I picked up a set of those a while back and they are damn nice sockets. Tool warehouse had some kinda deal, buy the 3/8 and get the 1/4 for free. MM only.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2018, 07:28:22 PM »
$50 for the ten flex sockets is a good deal. I have been scrounging sets of 6pt and 12pt for several years. I'm pretty good on SAE but the MM are harder to find used. Plenty of truck brand sets out there along with a big price tag. They don't get used often but make life much easier when you do need them.

Online goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2018, 07:58:53 PM »
Off subject I know -- my apologies; but for those folks looking for a cheap SAE US made chrome flex socket set, Cripe has a NOS NAPA set available for $30. Very nice quality and the price is very good. Unfortunately only SAE is available.

https://cripedistributing.com/products/napa-6108-7-piece-3-8-drive-6-point-sae-flex-socket-set-usa

Offline muddy

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2018, 10:58:43 PM »
Nice buy!

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2019, 01:39:35 PM »
They will serve you well, just remember its a flex socket and if the bolt is stuck, try to find a different way to break it loose

Truck brand 3/8 swivels are roughly $40 a piece so  10 piece set is $400.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2019, 06:15:00 PM »
They will serve you well, just remember its a flex socket and if the bolt is stuck, try to find a different way to break it loose

>:(    I don't know how you guys do it these days.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2019, 08:02:55 AM »

>:(    I don't know how you guys do it these days.

Oh its easy for me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I buy cheap and sell for 1/2 of retail,,,,,,,,,,,works great :D ;D

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2019, 09:56:19 AM »
i don't have any place that carries a large amount of gearwrench around here. lots of places have a set or two  of sockets and  every place you go has some sort of ratcheting wrench sets  but very little open stock. that said the stuff i have seen appears to be good quality and stuff i would not be ashamed to own, especially those swivels.

i will take it over almost all of the shitty craftsman stuff you see as of late.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline daves_not_here

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2019, 11:50:24 AM »
Off subject I know -- my apologies; but for those folks looking for a cheap SAE US made chrome flex socket set, Cripe has a NOS NAPA set available for $30. Very nice quality and the price is very good. Unfortunately only SAE is available.

https://cripedistributing.com/products/napa-6108-7-piece-3-8-drive-6-point-sae-flex-socket-set-usa

They have some nice Armstrong USA leftovers also:

https://cripedistributing.com/collections/armstrong-tools
David

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2019, 11:52:15 AM »

Great deal there for the man that needs them.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline hofferwood

• It's all good
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2019, 01:51:40 PM »
Thanks for all the feedback guys.  ;D

Ray, that's a good deal. No where near off subject or topic!!  Any thread I start, I don't care where it goes-----as long as folks are talking ;)

i don't have any place that carries a large amount of gearwrench around here. lots of places have a set or two  of sockets and  every place you go has some sort of ratcheting wrench sets  but very little open stock. that said the stuff i have seen appears to be good quality and stuff i would not be ashamed to own, especially those swivels.

i will take it over almost all of the shitty craftsman stuff you see as of late.

I hear ya Harlan,pretty much the same around here (gearwrench). But it looks like Home Depot is starting to get more (gw) to compete with Lowes  and Craftsman----I dunnow??

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2019, 08:04:56 PM »
I waste little time looking at the tools in any of the stores these days. Not a whole lot that interests me in the way of tools in stores anymore. I might buy a HF 1/2" drive impact though, or maybe a Kobalt, both are over 1000FP of impact force.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!