Author Topic: Great little mini ratchet and driver set --  (Read 3940 times)

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Great little mini ratchet and driver set --
« on: January 22, 2019, 06:38:12 PM »
I've been using the heck out of this little ratchet set in the last four weeks. Lots of small spaces on modern cars and I find that this little driver set, along with a generic 100pc security bit set is just perfect for working in tight spaces. It comes with a few bits and adapters, and a few sockets, but coupled with the 100pc set, it's very useful to work under seats, dashes, inside doors, and a host of other applications.

Offline lauver

• Proto Bet'R Grip Whore
Re: Great little mini ratchet and driver set --
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 07:13:10 PM »
GF

Good score :-\

I've got the Husky version of that GearWrench MicroDriver.  It is truly the smallest, thinnest, ratchet & ratcheting hex driver.  It's at it's finest under the dash.

I didn't buy an accessory socket & hex bit set, because I've got most of these items laying all over my shop.  However, at some point I've got to add some security bits. 
When my wife leaves me, my dog dies, and they repossess my home, I'll still have my tools.

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 07:35:04 PM »
I got a similar set at Lowes some time back but mine didn't come in a cardboard box the container doubles as the hang tag.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 08:10:24 PM »
..... the container doubles as the hang tag.

Did yours come with a belt clip Steve? That black item in the middle of the tray is a clip that attaches to the case, so that the owner can make the ultimate "nerdy" impression and transport it on his/her belt.

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 12:21:14 AM »
No regrettably no belt clip. Just a ratcheting/rotating tab that serves as the hang tag.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.