Author Topic: Jobsmart impact, IR clone.  (Read 5032 times)

Offline muddy

Jobsmart impact, IR clone.
« on: January 26, 2019, 09:48:30 PM »
Was walking through TSC clearance section when this caught my eye.

This sure looks like my IR 2135ti. I haven't gotten to put them side by side but it seems a bit longer. However looking at the parts breakdown it is virtually identical to an IR.

For $40 I couldn't pass it up. It came with a sweet hang tag too!

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
Re: Jobsmart impact, IR clone.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 11:39:49 PM »
looks like a nice  impact.  interesting to see how it compares. much of the ir stuff at my tsc is on clearance. no smoking deal though.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 07:38:55 AM »
At that price point it's almost disposable if it fails. Nice buy Tim. Are you buying it for the home shop, or a spare for work?

I was at a Sears in a neighboring town last week and saw a Craftsman 1/2" impact on the "scratch and dent" table for $15 -- The box was crushed and mutilated, but the impact was only slightly scratched. Took it home as a spare -- like I needed another one --- LOL

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 09:58:20 AM »
At that price point it's almost disposable if it fails. Nice buy Tim. Are you buying it for the home shop, or a spare for work?

I was at a Sears in a neighboring town last week and saw a Craftsman 1/2" impact on the "scratch and dent" table for $15 -- The box was crushed and mutilated, but the impact was only slightly scratched. Took it home as a spare -- like I needed another one --- LOL

sears? what is it and where did you find one? ;)
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline slip knot

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2019, 10:31:05 AM »
I've got a jobsmart die grinder that has held up well. They seem to be ok tools.

Offline ken w.

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2019, 03:40:35 PM »
The TSC in my area  has a bunch of Jobsmart die grinder's on clearance for $ 7.99 for straight shaft mini 15 pc kits and the angle for $ 11.00. The angle has a grease fitting. I bought a bunch.

Offline muddy

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2019, 07:30:00 PM »

This will stay at home to upgrade from the HF model, when I need more torque.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2019, 07:30:00 PM »
Have you tried the impact yet Tim? My TSC has it on clearance for $37.99. I did pick up a 1/4" angle die grinder for $7.49 and I have plenty of 1/8" collets that fit it.

Offline muddy

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2019, 08:20:11 PM »
Have you tried the impact yet Tim? My TSC has it on clearance for $37.99. I did pick up a 1/4" angle die grinder for $7.49 and I have plenty of 1/8" collets that fit it.
No I haven't tried it yet, haven't even put a male end in it lolx