Author Topic: Any cigar smokers on the GG?  (Read 145454 times)

Offline muddy

Re: Any cigar smokers on the GG?
« Reply #705 on: July 04, 2023, 08:59:21 PM »
Happy Independence Day!

My annual CAO America Potomac.

Sent from my Twisted Mind Of The Mudman

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #706 on: July 04, 2023, 09:07:31 PM »
Happy Independence Day Tim! Glad you were able to enjoy a relaxing cigar. I also enjoyed a Knuckle Sandwich cigar on the deck, but it was just too damn hot and humid to finish the entire stick. I retreated to the house and finished a refreshing ice cold Yuengling Lager. These last two days have been like a steam sauna in central Virginia. To top it off the Canadian wildfire smoke that continues to drift down the east coast has become a daily health hazard.

Offline muddy

« Reply #707 on: July 06, 2023, 08:39:39 PM »
Happy Independence Day Tim! Glad you were able to enjoy a relaxing cigar. I also enjoyed a Knuckle Sandwich cigar on the deck, but it was just too damn hot and humid to finish the entire stick. I retreated to the house and finished a refreshing ice cold Yuengling Lager. These last two days have been like a steam sauna in central Virginia. To top it off the Canadian wildfire smoke that continues to drift down the east coast has become a daily health hazard.
I tried outside at first, however it was so dang muggy and buggy I gave up and went back inside. Luckily the smell of the cigar really doesn't permeate the house. The basement has that slight smell for a day or so but nothing too heavy to be bothersome

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Any cigar smokers on the GG?
« Reply #708 on: July 14, 2023, 06:24:50 PM »
Finally a break on the weather with cooler temps and a good cigar. Casa Magna Colorado in Torpedo. Smooth, nutty, and a hint of cayenne pepper; just perfect after dinner.

Sorry - no pic. Damn Tapatalk won’t upload any images. This app gets “buggier” with every new iteration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 14, 2023, 06:26:52 PM by goodfellow »

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #709 on: July 16, 2023, 01:22:47 PM »
Humid as all get-out! Temps in the 90s and the deck feels like a steam bath. Nevertheless I’m enjoying a nice four year old Perdomo Champagne in Toro. This is one cigar that truly gets better with age.

Offline muddy

« Reply #710 on: July 17, 2023, 09:56:19 PM »
Humid as all get-out! Temps in the 90s and the deck feels like a steam bath. Nevertheless I’m enjoying a nice four year old Perdomo Champagne in Toro. This is one cigar that truly gets better with age.

Great cigar. Have you ever noticed the humidity in the air (weather it be high or low) effect the performance of a cigar?

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #711 on: July 18, 2023, 06:15:28 AM »

Great cigar. Have you ever noticed the humidity in the air (weather it be high or low) effect the performance of a cigar?

Absolutely Tim! In fact it was so humid outside over the weekend that it ruined a cigar. I took a cigar from my long term storage humidor (which is set at 62F and 65% humidity), and I unwrapped the cellophane and set it in the ashtray for about 20 minutes to acclimate and to get a drink and clean the deck a bit. When I came back to light it, the wrapper and even the binder had cracked in several places. The sudden burst of hot humid air was a huge shock to that cigar.

I've had that the wrapper crack a few times, but have never had conditions be so bad that the binder actually cracked as well. Had to toss a really good stick that day.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2023, 06:20:27 AM by goodfellow »

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #712 on: July 20, 2023, 02:43:27 PM »
Worked hard all morning. Installed two new batteries in my pontoon boat, mowed the lawn, and cleaned up the yard and our dock area. Took a shower and now its time for a Illusione Cigares Prive in Toro. Unfortunately it was plugged and had to use the Perfect Draw tool to make it smokeable. Nice complex earth and cedar nuances and a hint of nutmeg. I like that combination of flavors.

Once again Tapatalk won’t upload a photo od the cigar. Anyone else have these problems? …..or is it just on my end?

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #713 on: July 27, 2023, 12:02:00 PM »
This was a great cigar when I bought them about four years ago. Villiger Meridiana in Torpedo - letting them mature for a few years has made a world of difference. Smoother, more flavorful, less bitterness, and a sweet graham cracker flavor note. It’s almost like smoking a different cigar. The taste has noticeably changed.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #714 on: August 08, 2023, 12:46:27 PM »
Classic Nicaraguan beauty. Joya de Nicaragua Antano with a Connecticut wrapper and in size Toro. Perfect afternoon cigar. Mild/medium body and sweet tobacco caramel notes. This is a treat to enjoy.

Would be perfect as an after dinner desert cigar as well.

Offline muddy

« Reply #715 on: August 08, 2023, 08:17:04 PM »
Very nice!

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #716 on: August 09, 2023, 04:29:55 PM »
Camacho Ecuador in Toro. An old “standby” favorite. Have to say that I enjoy most all of their cigar lines with the exception of the barrel aged cigars.

Beautiful evening and a cool breeze make for great cigar enjoyment.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #717 on: August 10, 2023, 12:52:19 PM »
Well, the new deck and screened porch aren’t quite finished yet. The project started in May and was supposed to take 4 weeks - tops; according to the contractor. At the time I laughed in his face because I knew he was pulling that number out of his a$$, and I figured two months - easy. Turns out I was right and should have put money on it . At least I’m at a point where I can smoke a cigar under my dry screened in porch section.

I chose a Pete Johnson Tatuaje Reserva in what looks like a small Robusto or Rothschild size. Great little afternoon cigar. Spicy, floral and cedar notes.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #718 on: August 11, 2023, 04:33:15 PM »
One of the great cigar shapes of all time. The Perfecto. It smokes differently than any other because the changing dimensions also vary the tobacco amounts. Hence the flavor profiles tend to change quickly.

This EPOCA by Nat Sherman cigars is a true classic cigar in the traditional sense. Lovely flavor profiles of honey and hay -

Perfect evening relaxation.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #719 on: August 12, 2023, 05:49:55 PM »
This is a cigar that has languished in the back of the humidor for a while. I don’t even recall the name since there is no band on it. I think it’s a Rocky Patel Maduro of some kind, but not certain. It’s a pretty mild creamy smoke, but nothing outstanding. That’s probably why it was forgotten in the first place.