Author Topic: Any cigar smokers on the GG?  (Read 145382 times)

Offline muddy

Re: Any cigar smokers on the GG?
« Reply #735 on: September 02, 2023, 08:56:40 PM »
The same thing will happen in a pipe's bowl design. Certain tobacco burns nicer than others depending how deep and wide the bowl is.

Sent from my Twisted Mind Of The Mudman

Offline muddy

« Reply #736 on: September 03, 2023, 11:58:58 AM »
Drew Estates factory. Has a flavored tip.
I'm ok with flavored tips. I won't go out of my way to find them. Usually I only find out when I go to smoke them :))

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #737 on: September 03, 2023, 01:53:58 PM »
I like them every now and then when I'm looking for a very mild cigar. I usually smoke one when I walk the dog in the early morning or late afternoon.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #738 on: September 18, 2023, 04:14:47 PM »
Cool evening for a cigar. This is a Bryan Glynn box pressed Barber Pole cigar in size Toro. Bryan is well known for his cigar reviews and Cigar Obsession website presence. I believe this cigar was made in cooperation with Blanco Cigar Co.
Great cigar - medium body, and a light, earthy and slight vanilla nuanced flavor profile. I definitely like it -

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #739 on: September 19, 2023, 08:53:58 PM »
I have not smoked a cigar in years. That said, if I had the opportunity to smoke a cigar as good looking as that one looks you can bet I would not pass on the chance. I will say that.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #740 on: September 26, 2023, 01:10:21 PM »
Looks like we jumped from high heat summer right into cool fall weather practically overnight. Pleasant afternoon for a Diamond Crown Maximus in what looks like a double corona size. Pleasant woody and sweet tobacco flavor notes, and a bright hay or fresh cut grass aroma. I always forget how
Much I like this cigar - will have to make an effort to buy a few more.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #741 on: September 28, 2023, 02:31:57 PM »
There is a lot of enthusiasm concerning Padron cigars. The company has almost a cult-like following. I purchased these 1926 series Rothchilds a few years ago and wasn’t impressed. This last stick has been sitting in the humidor for almost three years, and it still doesn’t do it for me.

Construction is flawless, the burn is precise, and the tobacco leaves are pristine, but the flavor is still harsh; with a heavy note of a burnt bread aftertaste. I guess this cigar doesn’t fit my palate.

Offline muddy

« Reply #742 on: September 28, 2023, 10:19:48 PM »

There is a lot of enthusiasm concerning Padron cigars. The company has almost a cult-like following. I purchased these 1926 series Rothchilds a few years ago and wasn’t impressed. This last stick has been sitting in the humidor for almost three years, and it still doesn’t do it for me.

Construction is flawless, the burn is precise, and the tobacco leaves are pristine, but the flavor is still harsh; with a heavy note of a burnt bread aftertaste. I guess this cigar doesn’t fit my palate.

Pardon is definitely top shelf! But what may be a delicacy to one tongue may be garbage to another.

Many things that people love, that I have no taste for whatsoever.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #743 on: September 29, 2023, 07:56:30 AM »

Pardon is definitely top shelf! But what may be a delicacy to one tongue may be garbage to another.

Many things that people love, that I have no taste for whatsoever.

Absolutely Tim! One of the main reasons I was always disappointed in Cigar Aficionado Magazine's "Top Ranking" cigar picks. Nine times out of ten none of those choices even came close to what I liked in a pleasant and relaxing cigar. Just a different palate than the norm I guess.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Any cigar smokers on the GG?
« Reply #744 on: September 30, 2023, 11:37:11 AM »
Every once in a while you get a cigar that not only tastes great when it’s fresh out of the box, but it also gets better with age. Case in point are these Villiger Meridiana series cigars. These Torpedo size cigars have been in my humidor for almost five years, and they just get better. Smoother, sweeter, and more flavorful. What a joy!

Only problem is that the cigar went off market many years ago, and you can’t replenish the stash. Not all good fresh cigars get better with long aging,  but sometimes you get very lucky!

Offline muddy

« Reply #745 on: October 01, 2023, 10:01:55 PM »
Speaking of stash I need to replenish mine.

However is there anything better on a late summer/fall night then whiskey a cigar and blues? Not many things that I can think of.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #746 on: October 02, 2023, 06:06:45 AM »
Speaking of stash I need to replenish mine.

However is there anything better on a late summer/fall night then whiskey a cigar and blues? Not many things that I can think of.

I'm with you all the way Tim. A perfect cool fall evening, and life is good.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #747 on: October 05, 2023, 05:48:40 PM »
Always one of my favs - L’Atelier LAT-54 in Robusto. Definitely as close to a true Cuban Hoyo de Monterrey as you can get in my humble estimation. Best part is that the LAT 54 is about 1/3 of the cost of the Cuban Hoyo.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #748 on: October 07, 2023, 04:40:58 PM »
Drew Estate Herrera Esteli Norteno in firm box pressed Toro. One heck of a cigar. Mostly a dry woody and cedar flavor tone that gets interlaced with dried fruit and a slight bit of cocoa. Perfect evening cigar.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #749 on: October 08, 2023, 11:05:04 AM »
Nice little Robusto size La Gloria Cubana Serie R. Great cigar for the morning along with a Cappuccino - life is good!

Mild medium body and a hint of cinnamon and citrus.