Author Topic: Massey Ferguson tractor  (Read 10449 times)

Offline DeadNutz

Massey Ferguson tractor
« on: November 15, 2018, 11:18:10 AM »
Since we don't have our tractor category anymore(YOU DO NOW ;) ) I will post it here as it is my vehicle of choice today.
It is a Massey Ferguson MF40B. I never would have been able to complete construction of the barn without it. I had to build up the area on the west side of the barn to provide yards for the horses. I had to scrape dirt up from the property and build up and compact an area 12' x 50' and was able to wheel roll and compact the flat area and a slope about 5' high. It has never shifted or cracked in 7 years.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 06:23:29 PM by Uncle Buck »

Offline gtermini

• Pictures of the junk collection
Re: Massey Ferguson tractor
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 12:11:25 PM »
Skip loaders are the most versatile thing ever made. You can move some serious material with the gannon box, and grade it right out as go. That old massey looks about bulletproof. Is it a gasser?

Greyson

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 12:27:32 PM »
Skip loaders are the most versatile thing ever made. You can move some serious material with the gannon box, and grade it right out as go. That old massey looks about bulletproof. Is it a gasser?

Greyson

It has a Perkins diesel that will pull a heck of grade if you let it idle up. The box scraper is a Gannon and very heavy duty. The rippers are hydraulic along with the side tilt which makes cutting ditches for drainage very easy. We were lucky to score this one as tractors and dump trailers are the hardest things to find around here used.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 01:59:06 PM »
Cool piece of iron

Online goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 02:56:36 PM »
Tumbleweed country -- love it!!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 03:35:06 PM by goodfellow »

Offline slip knot

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2018, 02:58:21 PM »
That's a nice workhorse there.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2018, 06:31:39 PM »
Thanks Uncle Buck for making this spot happen. We do need a place for you to post your nice Wheel Horse machines. I also miss the tractor rebuild threads.

Tumbleweed country -- love it!!

We do have no shortage of tumbleweeds here. We are in what is known as the sagebrush ocean. Besides tw's we get tumbling mustard which gets tall and horrible after a wet winter and blows all over. Even if I don't have any they blow from everywhere and pile up against the fences. The worst brush is the rabbit brush which will come up any place the sagebrush has been removed. Grows fast and blooms really bad in the fall.

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2018, 07:53:10 PM »
I love how dry that looks. When I move I`ll be on the hunt for just such a beasty.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline highland512

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2018, 09:12:03 PM »
Nice little rig. Another good thing about this rig is Perkins is still around and I would bet the parts are plentiful.