Author Topic: logica tool 3/8 hextension  (Read 13876 times)

Offline bonneyman

Re: logica tool 3/8 hextension
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2018, 10:43:57 AM »
The Hextension guy just popped in over on the Journal after a couple year absence.... Is SK a shill  :-\ ^-^

They seem to be hammering the guy over there about the tool. Not really something I'd use but geez, give an inventor a break!

That is the problem with the Journal, too many guys like to bitch and then the dog pile starts.  Likely none of them ever invented or tried to market a new idea. 

As to the price, it is likely too high to generate the volume needed to get production to a level to lower the price so they would sell.  Terrible catch 22 for a small business guy

My feeling has been there's alot of really knowledgeable guys at GJ but many are really snobby about it. Plus, they "hide" behind the relative safety of the internet to treat people like trash. 

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2018, 01:16:42 PM »
Knowledgeable  and snobby? That is a good description. If it said snap-on,  toptul or Pittsburgh it may get some love.

A guy who obviously know tools and had a good idea actually works. Very little love for him.

from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline strik9

• X
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2020, 08:21:05 PM »
So what is the current state of this item?

How are they holding in long term use?

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2020, 08:35:58 PM »
So what is the current state of this item?

How are they holding in long term use?

very well. the finish is outstanding. it is one of those tools that may not seem much different but the subtle differences make it a joy to use. still haven't seen a need for putting a wrench on them but  other than that they are holding up well. the only complaint i have is that the  female drive end is broached at a radius in the corners. i have a ratchet or two that has a very squared shape to the anvil making for a stubborn fit. i think one of them i just touched with a file and no problem.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline strik9

• X
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2020, 05:09:02 PM »
I have been using GN W+ 3/8" extensions a long time since before this product.

Not a prestigious brand but despite frequently misusing them none have ever failed.   They are all I kept actually.   I was looking for a reason to upgrade but these refuse to give me one.
I even considered a copycat version made from an impact extension but just never had to put a wrench on an extension yet.

My afterthought is it was a solution looking for a very specific problem.   Not bad, just not a widespread need.