Author Topic: went by the sears outlet  (Read 9223 times)

Offline bonneyman

Re: went by the sears outlet
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2019, 09:54:10 AM »
I thought it funny that it had $29 inside on the paper card. I have a set of snappy Allen sockets so these will probably never see use. If I was offering it would have been less. I picked up a one gallon gas can with old style spout for $2 to balance it out. Wife loves those kind of sales. The lady riding heard over the sale said that at 3pm when the sale opened there were several guys who went straight upstairs to get this old guys model airplanes and helicopters. And bought em all in about ten minutes. He was a colonel in the marine corps. Sad his kids didn't want the stuff but I guess ya can't save it all. I'm sure my kids will bring in one of those giant dumpsters and pitch most of my stuff in when the time comes.

Yeah, I'm starting to wonder where my tools are going to end up. With no kids or worthy relatives or young friends to pass them on to I'm thinking my best bet may be donating them to a technical training school.

Offline TexasT

• Where I can be found
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2019, 01:33:18 PM »
if i ever see one of those grease cap pliers it is mine!

i do have a set of those wide opening/large jaw vice grips made in china. my plan is to weld some metal tips on it to make a grease cap pliers but i never seem to get around to it. could you post up pics of the tip on yours?

I'll see if  cam get some pix up when I get home from the work.
Rich

Offline coolmercury

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2019, 04:20:12 PM »
The only way you will control where your tools go is to put it in your will/trust etc.  Many auctions I go to make me feel bad when I see how little someone's tools bring.  I just found out an old friend left no will (even though he told me he was leaving his tools and equipment to a nephew).  And, next week the state is auctioning off all his stuff. >:(

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2019, 08:32:10 AM »
^^^^^^Lot of truth there.  If your stuff is not in a will or trust, the state will say where it all goes.

Offline TexasT

• Where I can be found
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2019, 11:00:29 AM »
Pix I promised. Looks like someone "dressed up" the jaws but I think they will work.

Rich