Author Topic: Post all of your latest tool buys here  (Read 181082 times)

Offline hickory n Steel

Re: Post all of your latest tool buys here
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2019, 03:04:54 PM »
Just got the Allen sockets I ordered from Cripedistributing and while they were sold as US made they are in fact made in China.
I contacted them to see what can be done, because I prefer to avoid Chinese made hand tools whenever possible.
I've been satisfied with everything else I've purchased from them, so hopefully I can get this sorted out.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 08:00:51 PM by hickory n Steel »
Always lookin' to learn

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2019, 04:03:40 PM »
They told me there was a mistake with the listing and emailed me a return label so I could return them , I don't have a printer though so I'm just going to give them to my dad.
It's only $16 ,and he could always use some spares and doesn't care where they're made.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 08:01:30 PM by hickory n Steel »
Always lookin' to learn

Offline Papaw

• Old Wrench Freak
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2019, 05:25:03 PM »
Just a few minutes after making this post, the drill sold !!

Though I haven't been buying much lately, I did buy this reversable breast drill in the hopes that I can sell it for a profit.
Antique GOODELL-PRATT 'Toolsmiths'   High Speed Hand Drill  This drill was manufactured   from 1916-1935. It  is in original, complete, working condition ! Cranking action is smooth in forward and reverse directions.  It has the gears enclosed in a grease packed, aluminum casing; hardwood head and handles, head with mushroom-shaped top; chromed crank handle; detachable chef's cap side handle; ball bearing spindle; 7:1 gear ratio; three-jaw chuck adjustable 0 to 1/4 inch. Aluminum parts are polished and bright parts are nickel plated. Drill is fully identified as seen in the pics.  No cracks, breaks or repairs. No owners marks.  Pat. Aug. 13,1895 # 544-411 is for the chuck .  Approx. 13-1/2" long.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 06:07:34 PM by Papaw »
Owner and Administrator of Tool Talk

Offline Papaw

• Old Wrench Freak
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2019, 05:26:21 PM »
More photos of the Goodell-Pratt drill

Offline slip knot

« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2019, 06:31:19 PM »
old school cordless.

I was discussing AR mods at work and one of the guys asked if I had a roll pin punch kit??? Didn't know they made such a thing but I got one ordered straight away. I'm kicking my butt for not getting one of these years ago.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2019, 07:59:44 PM »
Having inadvertently bought those Chinese sockets which arrived today i had to rectify the situation by buying an American made tool.
Found this for $12 at the hardware store.

I've always liked Western Forge produced tools.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline GreyOwl

« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2019, 11:32:20 PM »

Almost looks like a Ford car window crank on that drill :)
GreyOwl

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2019, 10:13:55 AM »

Almost looks like a Ford car window crank on that drill :)

Dual purpose ;D

Offline highland512

« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2019, 08:28:38 AM »
old school cordless.

I was discussing AR mods at work and one of the guys asked if I had a roll pin punch kit??? Didn't know they made such a thing but I got one ordered straight away. I'm kicking my butt for not getting one of these years ago.

They sure make AR assembly much easier.

Offline Rural53

« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2019, 02:16:13 PM »
House brand impact sockets from Supercheap Autos. No COO on them so probably Chinese, but stout and well made. $69 less 15% with trade card.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Offline jeffmoss26

« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2019, 09:04:08 PM »
new toolbag from a buddy

Offline TexasT

• Where I can be found
« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2019, 11:24:01 AM »

This came yesterday. The open end is extra thick and of course the other end is a line wrench. It is 14mm. Handy for the brake lines on  my car, the exhaust manifolds are also 14mm on it. Been hunting one and this one came to the house for under $15 shipped.

This one came a couple weeks ago. I'm a powrcraft guy as my dad bought that brand so I pick it uyp when I see a decent deal. It is a 1" micrometer. Can't have too many of them, haha.

Not really a hand tool,  but Handy none the less. If you work on stuff nothing worse than having to string out some wires and such to test a relay. This thing was like $12 shipped(from our friends over there). Works great.

Also a shout out for the lifetime warranty on this level. Ive had it at least twenty yrs and went to use it and the vial seemed low. I emailed em and they asked a few questions and sent me another one. Good stuff!

Rich

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2019, 05:53:28 PM »
Bought a few work related things today.
I keep a small selection tools loose in my backpack, and finally decided to pick up a little tool pouch to keep them in. Of course they only come in packs of 3 but I didn't know which size I needed anyways.
I also picked up the last pair of WF needlenose pliers they had, and a new stubby #2 because I used my original to make a stubby bit driver.

[url=https://postimg.cc/2q6cdHxM]

I'm a maintainence worker at a 24hr fast food restaurant, my job description doesn't require fixing things but everything is falling apart around there so I often have to end up performing minor fixes or repairs to get get on with the rest of my work. Basically just tightening loose things so they don't rattle themselves apart or other such small tasks.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 06:18:26 PM by hickory n Steel »
Always lookin' to learn

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2019, 03:08:40 PM »
All of the Channellock stuff I ordered for my minor electrical kit ( still have a #2 stubby on its way ) and the other two Deadnuts generously sent me.

I wanna keep my little electrical kit blue for now , but since those Hunters crimp at the end and strip behind the jaws next to the handles I could find I prefer them and either add or swap them.
I'm not planning on tons of electrical work by any means , but this kit should get me through.

( The pouch plus GB voltage tester and outlet checker you can barely see were purchased last week BTW )
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 03:10:28 PM by hickory n Steel »
Always lookin' to learn

Offline Papaw

• Old Wrench Freak
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #74 on: December 23, 2019, 06:22:23 PM »
Didn't buy this Irwin 10CR Vise Grip. It was my score in a Secret Santa deal.
Irwin, made in China- 10 inch Vise Grip, fast release.