Author Topic: Albany Auto Swap 11/18  (Read 8687 times)

Offline bmwrd0

Albany Auto Swap 11/18
« on: November 19, 2018, 01:33:36 PM »
Since I wake up super early anyway, I was there a the start. And aside from the usual sockets and wrenches need to help fill sets here are the highlights of what I picked up:

An old military meter, a Snap-on G code ratchet and an almost new Craftsman 1/4. I have already shown the set in the 1/4 thread and you can never have too many vintage Snappy ratchets, but I took a chance on the meter. Took it apart and found corrosion on the battery. Was able to easily clean it up due to it being built to be serviced. Put a new battery in, and put her back together. When I went to test it, this is what I found:

And I touch the leads together to get this

I will need to spend a bit of time with it, see how accurate it is, but looks promising. I also need to find some leads that fit better, I borrowed these from a Triplett 310 I had sitting around.
Tried to get in touch with Jabberwocky but he didn't pick up his phone, but my friend Smokeshadow from the other place met up with me to do some horse trading. This is what I came away with:

Proto flying lady box, Klein thermos, and a couple Snap-on bits. Not a bad day.

Offline fatfillup

Re: Albany Auto Swap 11/18
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 01:49:57 PM »
Haha, the thermos threw me till I read the caption.  Way cool

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 02:24:16 PM »
Nice!

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the meter was still pretty accurate. They were built to be simple and rugged. I like the different inputs in place of a function switch.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 02:58:11 PM »
Nice meter! I have a Chicago Industrial-brand mini-meter with different range ports like those on your meter. A bit different from the modern layout but once you get used to it they're not bad at all.

Online gtermini

• Pictures of the junk collection
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2018, 03:29:09 PM »
Crazy world. I picked that meter up because I thought there was something else inside the box. It was slim pickins this year. Almost no tools and a lot fewer people at 8AM.

Greyson