Author Topic: Yet another Craigslist rant. (update)  (Read 6819 times)

Offline hickory n Steel

Re: Yet another Craigslist rant.
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2019, 01:25:05 AM »
I'd never do CL unless I had a CCW and some skill.

A few years ago my second oldest sister was staying with my mom in-between apartments and had some guy off Craigslist bring a running stroller by the house, my mom kicked her out over it because she had recently heard about the Craiglist killer.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline TerryWerm

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2019, 07:25:06 AM »
I've got a project coming up where I will need some house jacks, so I started looking on CL. Back in November I found an ad for three of them, $40 each, he had a good photo of them all together. He preferred a text, I said I would take all three, but could not come and get them for another week (he was about 100 miles away). He then told me that they were actually in use by a friend of his, who should finish with them in a couple of weeks. I told him "no problem, I don't need them till spring, stay in touch".   Sure enough, three weeks later I get a text from him asking if I still want the jacks and I said sure. Made arrangements to go pick them up and went on a Saturday morning, everything went smooth as could be. Never had a nicer transaction.
Terry
Keeper of the Royal Coffeepot since just last week.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2019, 12:37:15 PM »
^^^^^^I've had good transactions also.  Once you get to talk to someone a bit, you can tell if they are a flake or not,

Offline Hootbro

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2019, 10:54:49 AM »
90% of my CL transactions go great. That remaining 10% is a total retard show. I have learned to just cut people off the nanosecond they are either late or giving me any grief that causes me to waste extra time I should not have too.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2019, 06:32:40 PM »
I've bought a fair amount of Avon aftershave form out of state CL people. Have never had a problem. Prices can be a bit higher than I'd like but for a vintage, NLA item I don't complain.....too loudly.  :))