Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 687537 times)

Offline fatfillup

Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #750 on: April 18, 2019, 01:28:15 PM »
^^^^Somebody dropped some coin :-[

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #751 on: April 18, 2019, 02:07:27 PM »
Second load, 32 bail pine straw hauler ....
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline muddy

« Reply #752 on: April 18, 2019, 07:51:32 PM »
^^^^Somebody dropped some coin :-[
Probably not as much as you think.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Offline Rural53

« Reply #753 on: April 18, 2019, 08:04:06 PM »
So after tagging the 460 Donovan powered unlimited truck last Saturday, today I tagged the opposite end of the scale, a 270cc, 9hp Kiwi Truck (Trophy Kart in the US), a kids class.

I also tagged a RZR Turbo and a Challenger. Scrutineering is later today for racing in the 1st National Round tomorrow.

How I'm gathering up some gear and going to trial my new roof top tent.

Sent from my SM-A510Y using Tapatalk

Offline Rural53

« Reply #754 on: April 18, 2019, 11:08:05 PM »
Rural, would like to see a pic with the tent up when you use it.
Phil, here you are. At the dam side park about ten miles out of town.

This replica MG TF showed up while I was setting up.

Offline lauver

• Proto Bet'R Grip Whore
« Reply #755 on: April 19, 2019, 12:50:59 PM »
Gang,

Did a little compressor maintenance this week (Husky 3 HP, 30 Gal, 10 years old). 

I noticed my compressor was making excessive noise and vibrating wildly lately.  I decided it was time to look into the situation. 

Job 1 was moving all the junk out of the way (bikes, skate boards, trimmers, blowers, shovels, rakes, lumber & metal scraps, cardboard boxes, etc.).

Job 2 was inspecting the compressor (took about 2 seconds to find the problems).  I noticed there were 3 bolts laying on the floor, and also noticed 3 of the 4 bolts holding the compressor pump were missing.  I removed the safety cage covering the pulleys & drive belt and noticed that several self-tapping screws were missing and that the cage had been rubbing on the pulleys. 

Job3 was reinstalling the 3 bolts to secure the pump and aligning the pump pulley with the drive pulley and re-tensioned the drive belt.

Job4 was finding and replacing the screws that secure the safety cage and making sure that nothing was rubbing against the cage.  I plugged the power cord back into the electrical outlet and ran the compressor for a few minutes.  All nice and quite, no vibration, no rattling, and no rubbing.  All is good again.

Jobs 5, 6, & 7.  I decided to change the oil in the compressor pump and drain the air tank while I had good access the compressor.  The old oil was still clean (a good sign) but fresh oil is always better.  The tank had about a gallon of water in it mixed with a small amount of oil (likely from the pump).  Last but not least, I replaced the original intake air filter with a new one.  I fired up the compressor and ran it until the air tank was full and the auto shutoff switch shut it down.  I turned the shutoff switch to the off position and rechecked the tank air gauges 48 hour later... no air loss.

All is well now, it runs quite and the compressor is no longer dancing around on the floor.  Time to put the bikes, yard tools, and other junk back into the storage alcove.

An observation: Job 1 took longer than Jobs 2-7 combined.  There was an obvious lesson here... :-\
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 06:21:29 PM by lauver »
When my wife leaves me, my dog dies, and they repossess my home, I'll still have my tools.

Offline Rural53

« Reply #756 on: April 19, 2019, 03:14:42 PM »
Early morning wake up call!

Offline lauver

• Proto Bet'R Grip Whore
« Reply #757 on: April 19, 2019, 06:32:10 PM »
Rural53,

Your photo (early morning wake up call) reminds me of a family camping trip we spent in a small park with a pond and many ducks & geese.  We got no sleep at all.  Every time any of the campers moved around or a vehicle drove anywhere in the park, all the birds got agitated and sounded off for about twenty minutes.  This went on all night and all morning.  Worst camping trip ever!
When my wife leaves me, my dog dies, and they repossess my home, I'll still have my tools.

Offline muddy

« Reply #758 on: April 20, 2019, 09:23:35 PM »
Sam met the Easter Bunny.... Wasnt a fan

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Offline Rural53

« Reply #759 on: April 25, 2019, 01:46:34 AM »
ANZAC Day today. Went to Auckland for my cousin's husband's 65th birthday. Pork on the spit in the Weber.

He got this book as a present. Unfortunately I answered yes to the first five questions in the chapter "Are you a grumpy old git?"

Now camped up in one of the Auckland regional parks hoping the cloud will blow away so I can do some astro photography.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 01:49:07 AM by Rural53 »

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #760 on: April 25, 2019, 05:48:23 PM »
Put together a custom air rifle build yesterday, and today I replaced the pads and pump on the cooler .
Always lookin' to learn

Offline slip knot

« Reply #761 on: April 25, 2019, 10:38:30 PM »
Met up with the wifes cousin and we worked cows this afternoon. Not quite as easy as it used to be. But I'm good till the fall.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #762 on: April 26, 2019, 09:21:18 PM »
Spent a couple hours trying to get the kitchen sink to wanna drain, luckily my uncle is a plumber so I called him and he was able to talk me through a solution.

Man that 50ft drain snake was hard to feed through the pipe outside, but I got it to go a few times and I'm glad they dont come with the handle permanently attached.
spinning it with a drill is so much easier than cranking it manually.

He's hot a couple electric snake machines he doesn't use anymore and said I can have one next time I see him, it'll sure make things easier next time this happens.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 09:24:00 PM by hickory n Steel »
Always lookin' to learn

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #763 on: April 27, 2019, 11:01:52 PM »
Went to the shop again today where the guy is building the 1930 Boeing airplanes. The one that belonged to Howard Hughes just came back from getting the fabric done and it has a gorgeous red paint job. The other civilian model that he restored is probably going to fly this year. The new build Army and Navy fighters are making progress as well. Forgot my phone so no pics.

Offline walrus

« Reply #764 on: April 28, 2019, 05:35:25 AM »
Worked on Mustang. Along with TCP rack and pinion it is getting new Street or Track front end.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk