Author Topic: Jaguar E Type restoration blog?  (Read 6366 times)

Offline airborne62

Jaguar E Type restoration blog?
« on: March 03, 2019, 07:06:17 PM »
Greetings - any chance that spectacular restoration blog for the E Type will make its way back here?  It was most educational and inspiring for those of us slogging through our own Jaguar drama

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: Jaguar E Type restoration blog?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 09:57:47 PM »
Unfortunately when the former GG crashed, the entire E-Type directory went with it. To make matters worse, the database backups for the old GG forum were destroyed as well. It was my restoration project and although I do have personal back ups for most of the text files associated with that project, I'd have to redo every text file post with the appropriate Photobucket links (since all the pics were hosted on Photobucket).

I may revisit that option when I have more time, but the car is almost finished and I'll wait until everything is done and then decide if it merits that much time/effort. There were literally hundreds of Photobucket pics associated that project, and trying to retroactively piece together the project time-line, along with identifying and linking the appropriate Photobucket pics is quite the task. I just don't have the bandwidth for that right now --

Good luck on your E-Type project!

All the best;
GF

« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 10:01:50 PM by goodfellow »

Offline airborne62

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 06:26:33 AM »
Thanks for the update.  That is a huge loss...  definitely one of my go-to resources over the last couple years

Offline bmwrd0

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 02:18:08 PM »
Goodfellow, have you ever thought about putting together an E-Type restoration Ebook? I think that could sell without to much work since you have already done most of the hard part.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 02:51:15 PM »
Goodfellow, have you ever thought about putting together an E-Type restoration Ebook? I think that could sell without to much work since you have already done most of the hard part.

I was approached by a company some years ago, but they wanted full control of the content -- meaning I would loose the rights to my pics and written content. I said "no", and they didn't like my answer --- LOL. Maybe when the car is finished and we've moved into a new retirement home and I have a good garage/shop, then it may be time to revisit the project. Right now I have just too much stuff on my schedule -- which includes finding that retirement home with the dream garage.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2019, 07:16:31 PM »
A lot of good content went away when it crashed. But the Jag thread was one of my favorites. Tons of kudos to the guys like Ray who have the patience and knowledge to restore cars to that level.

Good luck finding that retirement home/shop combo.

Offline torqueman2002

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2019, 11:56:25 PM »
A lot of good content went away when it crashed. But the Jag thread was one of my favorites. Tons of kudos to the guys like Ray who have the patience and knowledge to restore cars to that level. ...
Amen

"Good luck finding that retirement home/shop combo."
"I got to show the young boys how not to do it. I haven't showed them everything not to do, yet. It's a big job!" - Otto Kilcher

Offline m_fumich

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2019, 10:51:07 AM »
Most of those posts were long and detailed. Recreating then will be harder than creating them in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk