Author Topic: Husky CB43 ratchet find  (Read 3185 times)

Offline Plomb-er

Husky CB43 ratchet find
« on: June 15, 2019, 09:55:40 AM »
Haven't been buying much lately, saving money to get the hell out of California, so I've been more reserved in what I buy. I've been in San Diego for the last week for work, decide to try a small general swap meet just east of the city.
The only good thing I found, this Husky CB43 3/8 ratchet for the princely sum of $2.
I've heard around that these are pretty good ratchets, when Husky was part of New Britain. So what say you, trusted GG members, is this a good user rat?

Offline bonneyman

Re: Husky CB43 ratchet find
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 12:15:20 PM »
Prolly a New Britain variant. Good user.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2019, 01:03:53 PM »
That ratchet is in good shape and looks like a user to me. I can't blame you for wanting to get out of So Cal as it is the best thing we ever did. Life is good on the east side of the Sierras but we have too many vehicles with CA plates running around here. People come down from Tahoe and even up from Bishop to shop here but they leave plenty of sales tax here so that is the good part. It is tougher to find good vintage tools here but can be done.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2019, 01:11:25 PM »
Looks nice to me, I think it's the ratchet that belongs in the set I recently bought, it's a new Britain era with all of the original pieces being of CB prefix.
I love the Proto big Dawg based / related Husky ratchet that I got in the set , but tracking down a correct ratchet is tempting.
I probably won't though since I like the ratchet I have so much.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline Plomb-er

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2019, 01:24:44 PM »
That ratchet is in good shape and looks like a user to me. I can't blame you for wanting to get out of So Cal as it is the best thing we ever did. Life is good on the east side of the Sierras but we have too many vehicles with CA plates running around here. People come down from Tahoe and even up from Bishop to shop here but they leave plenty of sales tax here so that is the good part. It is tougher to find good vintage tools here but can be done.

The cost of housing here is just stupid for what you get compared to the neighboring states, plus the politics here are just getting crazy. My kids live in AZ, and I used to live there in the early 2000's, so I'm going to be heading back there. Closer to my sons, lower housing cost, lower fuel prices, and I might transfer my job out there, win win.